• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Windy problem!

Sorry to bring up the subject of wind but i am suffering with it badly at the moment! My consultant mentioned that a few people had told her that they have had success with the prebiotic drink/ yogurt. I bought muller vitality drinks as they were cheap! Just wondering if there is anything better? Has anyone used them with success or have any other remedies?

I've had good luck controlling gas with yogurt, but for some people the sugar/milk bothers their Crohn's or Colitis. It's a pretty individual thing, but worth a try. I seem to have better luck when I buy a few different brands with different cultures. Most have L. Acidophilus but if you look around you'll find brands that substitute or add others.

HI muppet, thanks for the reply. I was Actually thinking of cutting milk and yogurt out of my diet to see what happens. Just feel bloated all the time.

I'd cut out milk first and leave in the yoghurt to see what happens, but make sure that the yoghurt has live cultures and does not have added sugar or anything else. If you need flavouring, add your own so that you know what is in it e.g. mashed banana or stewed fruit.

Thanks Susan. Sounds like a good idea. I was going to carry on having the extra light dairy leading triangles for calcium, or would itbe advisable to cut these out? Just worried about not getting enough calcium.

I don'k now the actual triangles that you mention. Some people find hard cheese easier to tolerate (also goat's cheese)
Have you kept a food diary to try to pinpoint which things give you the wind? Unfortunately, people with Crohn's can re-act very differently to the same foods - I, for example, thrive on dairy of almost all sorts .

Nelly, if you put a few details, like that you have Crohn's and any meds you are taking, in your signature, it will help people to answer. That signature appears only once on each page.