• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Wisdom of the crowd - need your help

I'm living with crohn's for 6 years and never suffered from stomach pains. For the last 1.5 years i'm not taking any drug contrary to my doctor's advice. Instead, a year ago i started the SCD diet and i felt much better, I gained weight and the MRI results were perfect! After 7 months on SCD, I gradually started feeling sick, i had diarrhea and i noticed that a small area in my right belly next to the navel was stiffer and rigid as if there is a knob under my skin. For the last 3 months my feeling have not changed. I'm still not on medication. An intestinal ultrasound from last week confirmed that there is widening of the small intestine. The doctor who performed the operation suspected there is narrowing/constriction, but he couldn't find it.
For the last 2 weeks I'm living on MODULEN.
As I said, I'm kind of patients who doesn't suffer from the usual belly pains, but i what if do feel is as follows: the area of the still belly is sensitive to touch and the hair i have on my belly in that specific area also hearts when I touch it. And one more thing is that when i bend my torso so that my belly stretches, i hurts in that area that feels like knob.
Anyone knows what I'm talking about?
Any advice?
Thanks in advance!

I'm living with crohn's for 6 years and never suffered from stomach pains. For the last 1.5 years i'm not taking any drug contrary to my doctor's advice. Instead, a year ago i started the SCD diet and i felt much better, I gained weight and the MRI results were perfect! After 7 months on SCD, I gradually started feeling sick, i had diarrhea and i noticed that a small area in my right belly next to the navel was stiffer and rigid as if there is a knob under my skin. For the last 3 months my feeling have not changed. I'm still not on medication. An intestinal ultrasound from last week confirmed that there is widening of the small intestine. The doctor who performed the operation suspected there is narrowing/constriction, but he couldn't find it.
For the last 2 weeks I'm living on MODULEN.
As I said, I'm kind of patients who doesn't suffer from the usual belly pains, but i what if do feel is as follows: the area of the still belly is sensitive to touch and the hair i have on my belly in that specific area also hearts when I touch it. And one more thing is that when i bend my torso so that my belly stretches, i hurts in that area that feels like knob.
Anyone knows what I'm talking about?
Any advice?
Thanks in advance!
It's sounds like it might be an umbilical hernia. Definitely consult your GI doc, or at least your GP. Good luck.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/umbilical-hernia/basics/definition/con-20025630