• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

With Alternative Treatments - Advice needed

HI guys,

I've got my second infusion on Thursday and have been recovering at home after the "first of many" fistula surgery.

During this time, I've been reading a lot on the supplements you guys have been using and I think I've found a formula I want to try. I've only been taking a multivitamin for the last 3 years of remission I've had.

My question is, how would you guys tackle it? I'm really confused. I've been on the pred to knock out my flare and I'm feeling great now apart from a tight bloated feeling after eating. That seems to calm down and its not that annoying.

Would you wait until a few infusions of remicade/infliximab to see how that goes and then introduce the supplements one by one and give them a couple of weeks each to work. Or just start them all now . . . My conclusions have been:

Tumeric/Ginger
Omega 3
Digestive Enzymes
Probiotic

Don't want to over-do it but I do want to give these a go.

It is very difficult to know the answer - I have tried quiet a lot of stuff over time with varying success and a lot of money spent

At the moment I am on krill oil and ubiquinol + organic India products bowel care, neem, triphala, asch.... that has stabilized the frequency and it is been nearly 6 months without a flare up.

I tried the probiotic a few times which was OK

I prefer these types of remedies than prescriptions - less side effects

Cog

The issue is finding what works and when to try them whilst balancing conventional medicine.

Sounds like a research paper/blog post . . . watch this space!!

If it were me I would start them all, but I think that those supplements are good for general health anyway.