• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Withdrawal of Questran

Hello everyone

Just returned from collecting my meds and have been told that Questran has been recalled due to contamination. Does anyone know with what and is the stock i have still okay to use. The Pharmacist isn't back until tommorrow, so I am a bit worried.

Hi all, just joined this forum. I have symptoms of several things including Crohns but dont have Crohns or anything else diagnosed (however diverticulitus & IBS are but part of the things going on). Apparently there is a growing band of us undiagnosed peeps. anyway have been getting on really well with Questran and I have been going on about how I dont want the Light Questran and only last week was told Questran has been withdrawn. Its always hard to get hold of as mostly they (not sure who they are either the pharmacy or the drug co) do not want to distribute the original any more. Are we any the wiser about how long it will be before we can get the original back? My supplies are getting low.

They are still making Questran because I just got a new script for my dad for it Monday. I'm in Canada though. Maybe its a matter of time before they drop it here too.