• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Woman issues

i seen on someones post a while back when they have their period they flare or it messes with their crohns.. can someone who has this problem tell me what they use.. im on birth control but when i get all bloated and stuff like right about now my tummy acts up, and soon as my period is gone and the bloating goes away after a week im back to normal.. i would like to know what pills do you take to deal with the bloating.. i use to take motrin and midol but i cant anymore since it does something to your intestines and was advised against it. thanks for any info please

So sorry to tell you this, but the only relief I got was from having a hysterectomy (I had a large fibroid).

For the bloating, hibiscus tea really helped me, as did spearmint tea. I also really liked the Thermacare wraps for the abdomen-the heat seemed to help with the cramping and bloating, also. I hope this helps :)

P.S. Adorable baby!!

Only consider the IUD if youi have normal periods without birth control. I don't, but due to a miscarriage and blood clot years ago, IUD is the only birth control I can use that will regulate my periods any. I have horrible cramps, and still have a period about every 2-4 weeks. It's extremely light, but I never had menstrual cramps until I had to use this awful thing. Everyone else I know who has one loves it.