• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Work precautions with Humira?

So I just started Humira and I have a concern. I work part-time cleaning offices, factory floors, and warehouses after hours, and I get pretty up close and personal with other people's messes and trash. I already wear gloves, but I know that my immune system is being pretty well suppressed with Humira, so my question is: is it worth the trouble to start wearing face masks? Does wearing it make a difference for anyone?

Thanks in advance!

my little penguin

Staff member
Ds has been on humira for 4 plus years
From 3rd through 6th grade
So lots of sneezy coughing sick elementary school kids
No issues
Just lots of hand washing

I work in a nursing home. This Sunday will be my second month on Humira. So far no issues and I always have at least 1 person on isolation for something.

3-1/2 years on Humira and I work in a factory and interact with grandchildren all the time, and I've not had any serious issues. I still get colds, a flu shot, and even some flu, but nothing worse than before.

I'm in the same boat as the others. 2 years on Humira, and I've had no noticeable increase in illnesses. I use a lot of hand sanitizer and wash my hands frequently. I didn't get a flu shot this year due to complications with the one last year (Parsonage Turner Syndrom-nasty stuff) and was fine.