• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Workout Supplements safe to take?

So I bought a workout supplement from vitamin shoppe called Animal Stak it's a supplement that's supposed to aid in in keeping testosterone, and growth hormone levels high in order to put on more muscle faster.

I've read a lot of good reviews all over the internet and wanted to give it a shot. So i bought it and under the lid is a label that says:

This product is not for use by any individual under the age of 18. Please consult with a physician before using this product. Do not take this product if you have or are at risk for any physician before using this product. Do not take this product if you have or are at risk for any medical condition or disease including but not limited to diabetes, asthma, depression, recurrent headaches, glaucoma, difficulty urinating, prostate enlargement, seizure disorder, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, arthritis, heart disease, stroke, are pregnant, or are suffering from any inflammatory diseases. Be sure to talk to your physician before using this product if you are using any prescription drug, over-the-counter medication, or supplements. Not for use by children, patients, pregnant or nursing women. Immediately discontinue use and consult your physician if dizziness, sleeplessness, tremors, nervousness, agitation, headache, heart palpitations, or any side effects occur. Discontinue use two weeks prior to surgery. The use of this product may be banned ny some athletic associations. Athletes should consult with their sanctioning authority before use. For State of California residents only: this product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. Exercise good judgment and keep this out of reach of children. Store this product in a cool, dry place, away from heat, moisture and sunlight. Do not exceed recommended dose. These statement have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. This product is manufactured in a GMP facility that uses milk, soy, egg and peanuts.
Since I have Crohn's i was worried but I'm not sure if this is just a blanket statement to cover themselves or if they know something about the products interaction with inflammatory diseases.

To me it just looks like a bunch of herbs, vitamins and amino acids.

Here's a link to the product with the ingredient list in case anyone can spot anything that looks harmful:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/univ/stak2.html

Any advice?

Also I just came across another product of theirs that is simply an amino acid supplement and it has the same exact warning label

That's just a blanket disclaimer. You should be fine taking it but you are just wasting your money.

Ok thanks. I did see hundreds of good reviews from a lot of different sites but its probably mostly a placebo effect.

The list of ingredients does not appear to be problematic, in fact several ingredients are likely to be helpful to your condition.