• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Worried about a few things

:sign0085: I was wondering if someone or maybe a few of the members could give me some advice on some of the symptoms I am having. One is in my lower abdomen area I look like I am a pregnant man :lol: I was wondering is that part of the inflammation I am having from Crohn's and a blockage area? Another question I have is at time especially after a serious diarrhea episode and after I make sure I am completely clean down there I feel something leaking out of my anus and then I check my underwear to make sure it is not a BM stain what I see is a clear wet spot is this a type of infection liquid or pus leaking out? I also want to let you all know I have found an advocate and I have talked to her about all this and she said it is a pus type of liquid that leaks out and at a very bad inflammation time I can look like I am pregnant I guess what I really would like to know from you guys is has something like this happened to you? One last thing is this while I was talking to my advocate who is a RN said that I probably have stage 2 Crohn's disease. I am just very worried about everything before I go see the gastrologist. I also want to let everyone know that this is the best Crohn's forum web site I have ever been too because everyone is very friendly and helpful and I want to say thanks to everyone.

Hi riclow and a big welcome to the forum. Glad you found us. I remember too having so many questions when Crohn's was first mentioned to me and forgetting or not having time to ask them at my doctor/hospital appointments. It's a worrying time, I know :)
In answer to your questions, both the bloating and leakage that you describe are very common symptoms of active Crohn's disease.
When are you seeing your gastro?

I go and see my gastrologist is October 16, 2013 at 4:40pm that is the earliest they had. Hopefully he will schedule the test very soon afterwards. Thank you Grumbletum.

Yikes, that's quite a long time to wait to see someone, but it's one of the frustrations of having this disease. Have you seen the GI before? Are you on any medication ?

Bloated tum is really common - ive had crohn's for 22 years and often think I'm about to give birth!!! The leakage is abit more serious, purely because it is even more of a bugger to live with. Can you get your appointment brought forward?