• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Worst doctors

I would love to hear some of the worst doctor encounters or any fights people have gotten into with doctors or some doctors that make themselves look stupid with contradictions.

I basically fired my second GI. First guy was great, but he retired. Second guy, wow. He is supposedly a "crohn's expert" and thought he was going to make my disease fit his profile. He started me on remicade (forever thankful for that), but didn't set up regular blood testing for me. I was severely anemic for 3 years under his care. I actually asked him to set up the testing, he refused saying "I couldn't afford to lose any more blood." Took him that long to set up a pill cam test without trying the dissolving test capsule. Guess what? It obstructed at a known stricture. Final straw was when I was his first appointment of the day. Took a day off work when I could not afford to, got there early so I know he was there and not on rounds. He actually managed to not call me for the hour and a half that I waited around. Never saw him again, changed doctors.