• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Worst pain--------?help

For the last 2 days i have been getting this worse stabbing/cramping pain on my left side mainly in the upper and middle section, with radiation to back side, This pain 20/20, worst ever, I tried bentyl, tylenol, aleeve but to no effect, only thing that helps me is heating pad. Last night I had fever with it too. I am worried. Any body in similar boat. My doctor really does not pay attention any more.:sign0085:

KWalker

Hey, if your pain is that bad is it worth it to go to the ER? You might get a good doctor that will do tests and that and if it's a triage system you might not have to wait that long.

Are you constipated? What medication are you on for crohns?

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
You may want to get checked for kidney stones too - pain radiating around the back, etc.....if you are blocked enough, you can end up perforating a kidney (happened to my Mom) which may lead to infection etc if not treated.....

How is your pee? Do you feel like you have to go a lot - is it cloudy or discolored at all? This is often how you can check - but you MAY NOT show these signs - my Mom didn't and it too 2 ER trips and finally a CT to find the monster stone....

afidz

Super Moderator
I would definitely go to the ER if the pain is that severe. What do you mean the colonoscopy was unremarkable?