• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Would LOVE to make a new friend!

Jessi

Is there anybody out there?

I love this forum, but sometimes, I think it would be even nicer to physically meet some of you. Is there anyone from the Top of Utah, like me? I don't know of any support groups around here. The only people I see are at my infusion center.

Drop me a line please...:hug:

Jessi

Thanks, friends!

Andi, that is so cool that you went to WSU! My hubby went there for a sort of pre-med group of classes. Do you just LOVE Alsaka, though? We sometimes talk about moving up there. I have a pilot friend in the Air Force who was just transferred from Ogden to somewhere in Alaska a couple months ago. They told us to come visit, but I lack the funds.

Nicky, I would love to take a taxi to Scotland, but I think I'd drown. :) I have a Scottish friend named Danny who joined the US Air Force. It's been about 13 - 15 years since I've seen him. I sure love the accent. Were you born and raised Scottish? I was born in Georgia, USA, but military always moves you around a bit.

AndiGirl

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Jessi! I was born and raised in Alaska, and I for the most part, love it. Utah is a nice state too. I love the Wasatch Mountains. Very cool that your hubby also went to WSU! Even if it's down the road, try to come up to AK for a visit.

Jessi

Hey Andi! That would be awesome! And vice-versa for you! You already know your way around my city anyway. I love the mountains too. I live up on the north bench nestled right under the best hiking paths. It makes for great exercise when I don't have vertigo problems (the paths are narrow and right on the edge). Thanks again for responding. It is fabulous to know people like me. Be well!

Jessi

Troy ~ Houston is a hot place to live! Where in Idaho did you live? I have some family close to the border.

Jessi

That's a marvelous idea, TayandKy! Obviously, I'm not the only one that would like this, eh?

Hey, what part of OR is Redmond? I am going to be in Clackamas in a few days. I'll be staying for just over a week at my in-laws' house. If you are not that far away, we should do lunch or something!

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
we should set up a page where we can post where we are at and maybe we can find a buddy
Another forum I go to did something like this where they showed a map of the world and had dots all over it with a column of everyone's name on the side so you could see where everyone was. Was pretty neat. Maybe I could get David to make one. I'll suggest it.

I'm on the Central Coast of California btw. Sorry I'm so far. :(

Jessi

I saw a picture of a guy on a New York sidewalk holding a sign that read, "I need friends."

I really felt like him before you all replied. :)

AndiGirl

Your Story Forum Monitor
This is a very nice forum. In my opinion, it's very hard not to make a friend or two here. Too bad there are so many people with IBDs.

Jessi

Yes, but good to know that there are enough of us that more and more studies are being done to help us out. Right? I actually like this forum a lot better than any others I have seen/joined. I am so happy I found it.

Jessi I love in central Oregon close to Bend, Oregon. I was in Clakamas the other night, we go to Portland about once a month to escape from our work life haa

Jessi

Tay&Ky... Well, It's too bad that I missed you. We only go once a year. Maybe I'll catch ya next summer! ;)

Jessi

Another forum I go to did something like this where they showed a map of the world and had dots all over it with a column of everyone's name on the side so you could see where everyone was. Was pretty neat. Maybe I could get David to make one. I'll suggest it.
Thanks so much! Marvelous idea. Let us know when and where it starts!

I was in Van Nuys in February. Are you anywhere near there? I have a good friend who lives in an LA suburb. Thousand Oaks. My husband used to live in Monterey. Maybe you're closer to there?

Thanks, friends!

Andi, that is so cool that you went to WSU! My hubby went there for a sort of pre-med group of classes. Do you just LOVE Alsaka, though? We sometimes talk about moving up there. I have a pilot friend in the Air Force who was just transferred from Ogden to somewhere in Alaska a couple months ago. They told us to come visit, but I lack the funds.

Nicky, I would love to take a taxi to Scotland, but I think I'd drown. :) I have a Scottish friend named Danny who joined the US Air Force. It's been about 13 - 15 years since I've seen him. I sure love the accent. Were you born and raised Scottish? I was born in Georgia, USA, but military always moves you around a bit.
Cummon its 2011 Jessi, im sure there will be taxis in america that can swimm?? or is that just in scotland? haha

Yeah im born and raised in scotland, i love the country, but have always had ambitions to live in america, even if it was just for a few months, watching things like miami ink etc, it looks amaaaazing, the weather looks brilliant and the people very friendly.
Scotland is a beutiful country but i live in the city, so its none of your kilt wearing long bearded highlanders haha

Im a true blue Aussie and I too felt the same way you did, that was until I joined the forum. I truly believe it has done wonders mentally to be able to connect with so many others going thru this as at times you can feel so isolated. The Australian forums are nothing in comparison to this forum. With the amount of members here, there is always someone who can offer advice or support. I wish I had a support group that I could chat with face to face, until then I am going to make the most of meeting new friends and helping support others right here. I hope your feeling a lil more love now.

Jessi

I'm feelin' the love, all right. Not just support is extended here, but smiles, too. This is a truly good time. It's like a party in some places of this forum. I have found the dark clubs my momma would've told me to avoid. LOL

Thanks for the response, snookums. (ooh. i like your name so much!)

Jessi

Cummon its 2011 Jessi, im sure there will be taxis in america that can swimm?? or is that just in scotland? haha

Yeah im born and raised in scotland, i love the country, but have always had ambitions to live in america, even if it was just for a few months, watching things like miami ink etc, it looks amaaaazing, the weather looks brilliant and the people very friendly.
Scotland is a beutiful country but i live in the city, so its none of your kilt wearing long bearded highlanders haha
Are you kidding?! I have always wanted to spend time in Scotland! The grass is always greener on the other side, eh?

Are you kidding?! I have always wanted to spend time in Scotland! The grass is always greener on the other side, eh?
hahaha yeah like you always want what you dont have kind of thing lol

well it is a really nice country, im just back from a trip to ayr... its really nice, alot of tourists but the beach and the schenary is brilliant.

America is probably better though lol

I'm from NC but now living in Washington State..im in Tacoma right now but that will soon change by next month when I move to the central part of the state.

AndiGirl

Your Story Forum Monitor
In going back to your threat title, it appears that you've already made a bunch of new friends, Jessi. We may not live in Ogden, but we can be keyboard pals. :)

Jessi

Andi, You are awesome! Being a keyboard pal with have to suffice. I guess.

Terri, I am going to be in Bremerton on the 29th. But only briefly. I'm picking up my 2 girls that went to visit their daddy (my x-husband) over the summer. I wish I would be there long enough to meet you, but we have to get to Clackamas the same day. That's sad. So close, yet so far away. I used to live in Bremerton, and I really miss the north west! It is so gorgeous!

Nicky, if you want to see one of the prettiest parts of the US, go there! The Hoh Rainforest and the Olympic Rainforest are absolutely stunning! Then again, the Rocky Mountains, where I live, are awesome for hiking and skiing. And the aurora borealis where Andi lives... I would love to see that!

Crabby, my husband said that he used to play in San Luis Obispo. He remembers that the first palm trees he saw from the highway heading south from Monterey were in your area. He would stop at a place called Camelot? and go miniature golfing. ;) Maybe our next trip will be there. He misses that area alot. My 2 stepkids were born out there. Small world, eh?

Andi, You are awesome! Being a keyboard pal with have to suffice. I guess.

Terri, I am going to be in Bremerton on the 29th. But only briefly. I'm picking up my 2 girls that went to visit their daddy (my x-husband) over the summer. I wish I would be there long enough to meet you, but we have to get to Clackamas the same day. That's sad. So close, yet so far away. I used to live in Bremerton, and I really miss the north west! It is so gorgeous!

Nicky, if you want to see one of the prettiest parts of the US, go there! The Hoh Rainforest and the Olympic Rainforest are absolutely stunning! Then again, the Rocky Mountains, where I live, are awesome for hiking and skiing. And the aurora borealis where Andi lives... I would love to see that!

Crabby, my husband said that he used to play in San Luis Obispo. He remembers that the first palm trees he saw from the highway heading south from Monterey were in your area. He would stop at a place called Camelot? and go miniature golfing. ;) Maybe our next trip will be there. He misses that area alot. My 2 stepkids were born out there. Small world, eh?

yeah i'm moving to Central Washington in about two weeks..and SO LONG Tacoma..im sick of it here..but yeah you'd be hella close

Jessi

I am in Greece, you can all come for vacation here. I will even show you the ancient monuments and the amazing beaches.
I love the beaches! Those waters are so clear and blue! How often to you go? Do you have a favorite beach?

We go every weekend and at least twice a week from June to September.

My favourite is the Karydi beach in Chalkidiki, about an hour driving from my house.

This is it

http://www.google.gr/search?tbm=isc...1078l3999l0l5828l7l7l0l0l0l0l265l1450l0.3.4l7

The one we visit more often though is the Epanomi Potamos beach which is 5 mins from my house (I cant find a decent pic).

But even the tiniest Island in Greece has at least one beach so wherever you go you have access to nice clean blue sea

Jessi

I love this forum! I feel right at home with all of you guys.

I just stumbled on this thread again as I was cleaning out my subscribed thread list.

Reminiscing and grateful for all the wonderful people that helped me feel so loved.

:ghug::ghug::ghug::ghug::ghug:

i think im abit far away too im from plymouth devon in england =( but if your ever over devon we can go for a drink =)

Well, I'm in Minnesota, so if anyone ever wants to come to the Winter Carnival or the Mall of America, I'd love to meet up with you.

Being new to the forum, my of my goals was to "meet" friends in my location as well so we could "see" eachother. I would like a "meetup" type forum as well. I saw the map your location thread, but there's no one else "near" me.

Get well!

Being new to the forum, my of my goals was to "meet" friends in my location as well so we could "see" eachother. I would like a "meetup" type forum as well. I saw the map your location thread, but there's no one else "near" me.

Get well!
upstateNYgirl, you bring up a good idea, however, that's probably something that's easier said than done, given the geographic location of many of us on this forum.

Anyway, if you think you may want to meet with somebody, I'm in Central NJ, (near Princeton). I'm not sure whereabouts in Upstate NY you are. I'm not sure if you have the capability, but if you do want to meet, just see if you can send me a private message.

Wife to Crohns Sufferer in Utah

Hi Jessi, I've come across this thread while surfing the forums here and wanted to say hello. I do not suffer from Crohns myself, however, I've been married to my husband now for almost 5 years who suffers from Crohns. We're both in Utah - Salt Lake City, to be exact. I found this forum today after a very scary incident last night that I believe to be caused by my husband's Crohns. The problem is that my husband is extremely private and has been keeping his symptoms (and fears about them) from me. I have an appointment for him first thing in the morning, but I'm now being faced with the somewhat scary facts about his disease and worried, if it is an obstruction as I suspect, that his previous surgery where they removed a good portion of his colon means that he may need a colostomy.

In any case, rather than go on about our situation, I wanted to introduce myself as a fellow Utahn and thank everyone who posts here for the information.

Jessi

Hello CatLady and welcome to the forum. Thank you so much for jumping in to be friends. :hug:

If you'd like to meet in real life, you are just in time for a monthly meet-up for the Top of Utah. :D My husband and I are in Ogden. Doug (with Crohn's) and his wife Sandy are in Kaysville, and Slim (with Crohn's) and his wife Tina are in SLC. We are meeting in Ogden this time, but we change it up every month. Check it out here for more information.

I am so sorry about your husband and his symptoms and fears being hidden from you. Perhaps he just didn't want to worry you. Unfortunately, it ended up worrying you anyway. Right?! I really hope everything turns out alright. And if he does end up needing a colostomy, everything will work out fine after an adjustment period.... for both of you.

Check out our Stoma Sub-forum if you have questions or are worried. There's a fabulous group of people there, I've learned. People here are so friendly and I'm glad that you're a part of it now. :)

Keep me posted on how your hubby gets along. You're both in my prayers now.

SandyUte

Wife of Chronie (with my own health challenges)
Hi to CatLady! I just wanted to add that you are not the only "crohny wife" out there on this forum. I'm fairly new to it myself, and have never even used a forum before, but I can tell you I got the benefits of this forum before I even joined -- by meeting Slim and Tina, Jessi and her hubby, all because my hubby, Doug, was using this forum. Like Jessi said, we have met in person now for a monthly dinner/meeting, and it is amazing what we can learn from each other, not to mention the friendships that can / have developed. I hope you can get your husband to talk to you. It is an uncomfortable subject - I think especially for guys - but I can assure you, and him, that if you can get him to talk to you, he will find he has a great support in you, or why would you even be posting here ? Maybe you can get him to check out this forum. He will find we are all friends here and there is nothing to be embarrassed about.
Just letting you know. You have friends here too.

Hi Cat Lady :welcome:

Our group that gets together every month has 2 guys with Crohns (Slim and myself) along with Jessi. Jessi has UC. Our spouses also come. We are trying to get more folks to join us and would love to have you and your husband. As far as your husband not wanting to talk about things, I was that way about it for years. I understand not wanting to talk about the crohns. I did that for too long.