• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Wrong doctor

I found out I had Crohns and Ulcerative Colitis last year. For the past year my doctor has put me on Mesalamine and Prilosec. I was still in pain. It was as if nothing had changed. I decided to change doctors. The doctor I have now actually has Crohns himself, so it made me feel comfortable and gave me hope. He told me that I have Crohns in 3 different parts of my colon and that the meds my old doctor gave me only helped 2 parts. He is giving me Bentyl and steriods now and is soon going to start me on Remicade (sp?). I would like some feed back on this drug and I would like to extend a warning! If you are not receiving what you think is the proper care, DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SWITCH DOCTORS. Even if everyone around you tells you to stick it out and wait. Only you know you and your disease. Please do not let things go too long because I had a blockage and since I caught it so early, I do not have to have surgery to remove parts of my colon. Crohns disease can be difficult to handle and it helps to be informed in any way you can.

Hello and welcome:)

Good luck with the new meds I'm hoping they do the trick for you and get you on the road to remission.

I agree with you about drs, I'm currently giving my GI one last go, I see him on Monday and if I'm not happy with the appointment I will ask for a referral to another doc. My GI is saying it's not crohns I have but IBS instead, I strongly disagree, so too on Monday.

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Hi beatleslover and welcome to the forum! :D

I'm glad that you switched doctors beatleslover and will finally get proper care. Keep us posted on your progress and thank you for the reminder to everyone. :)