• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Xifaxan

Indeterminate CROHN'S pt. with IBD and UC found this site. Have had past good experience with Xifaxan ten years ago. In major flare now since late July. Using Budesonide and unfortunately Pred. Swore I would never use Pred again! Checked site to see if anyone is using Xifaxan these days for off label usage. Gastro got remission with me ten years ago after 11 days into treatment at 107 lbs. the Xifaxan. Hoping to get back to a doc that will consider helping me get access to the drug.

Pain in right side of ribs and into back from large bowel CROHN'S is horrible.

I was one of only four patients in Dr's. Practice that did respond. It was a miracle. I am away from home and don't see that doc any longer. Will find dosages on file. The drug was taken off formulary and is hard to get! Hoping to not have to mail order from out of U.S.

Can't use Remicade, rare neuro impairment/optic neuritis. Lots of other drug allergies. Many drugs don't work. Two recent tests negative for C-diff. Never test positive for typical infections.

Bad chills. Pain, pain, pain. At least the nausea is gone, no more blood and mucous. This disease sucks. Mono with brittle spleen age 16, then all digestive issues began as proctitis and have had bouts of pan colitis and right sided colitis. Now 54 years old. No surgery. If pain doesn't subside I am so done with this.

Tried mental health, bio feedback, no wheat, no dairy, no sugar, shilagit, acupuncture, German liquid digestive products, probiotics, the list goes on and on. The disease comes and goes like a phantom.

David

Co-Founder
Welcome to the community. In my opinion, Budenoside alone (once you get off the pred) isn't enough to treat what you have. The company is my signature is now doing a UC trial if you happen to be in Canada and may be something of interest to you.

Normally use DELZICOL for maintenance. New gastro (moved a year ago) switched me to Apriso in March and that began decline. Budesonide worked on last major relapse. This time had to use pred also. Side effects horrible. Two days ago was in ER all day. Xifaxan alone brought remission ten years ago. Called insurance today to try to see about getting coverage. Used to get cov'g with clinical presentation. That doc isn't my doc now. My doc for past 9 years told me he has trouble getting drug for even 2 weeks. Read Nih studies and will try again. Was tested for C-diff this month and 2x's negative. Might have gotten covered if that. Thanks for your feedback! Not Canadian. You mentioned LC. ? lg bowel Crohn's? Your signature? Sorry u mean a way to read more about access?