• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Xray and Remicade

I am in a transitional phase right now. My contact for all my Remicade questions is currently being switched to someone else, so as of right now I have no one to answer my questions. This is where I hope someone here will be able to help me out. I hate to have to call my doctor for every little concern I have.

I am scheduled to get a xray of my chest a few days before my Remicade infusion. (non GI related, so she doesn't know about it). I know before I started Remicade they gave me a list of "rules" that I had to obey. Of course, there is no way I could remember all of them, since the list was so long. So my question is, can I still go for my infusion if I have an xray done? I know if you need to take antibiotics, you have to wait 7 days after they finish before you can get your infusion, and if you have an infection you can't, same with surgery. I am just not sure where an xray would fit in there since a colonoscopy is even considered "surgery". My guess is that it would be okay, but I'd like to hear someone else reassure my thoughts first if possible. Because if I won't be able to get my infusion, I won't be going for my xray.