• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Yeh....im fine

For some reason "I'm fine" is my automatic response at the moment, does anyone else have those days where you just can't be bothered to explain or share?? Just want to keep your head down and get through the day as best you can!?
So hey im a new member, although I must admit I have been by a few times over the last year trying to gain some insight and wisdom from you all, so thank you - definately stopped a few meltdowns!
I will try my best to keep this short (I do have a tendency to ramble) 29/f/UK, diagnosed just over a year ago with fistulising Crohns, not a straightforward diagnosis but doesn't sound like many are, took a long time for anyone to believe me that something was wrong (when you know -you know).
Medications - infliximab infusions, 6mp, allopurinol, pentasa, various supplements. Tried Azathioprine but didn't agree with me.
Added bonuses - Erythema Nodusum, Raynauds phenomenon & chillblains, possible arthritis and/or nerve damage (currently desperately trying to get to the bottom of this as I'm struggling to walk, although I have been reassured I can pull off a limp surprisingly well lol)
Other than that generally ok...i think.
Thanks for taking the time to read and hope your all as well as can be! x

scottsma

Hello and welcome LaneyLou.I must say you're quite upbeat about the whole crohns business,and I find it's the best way to be if you can manage it. We all say "I'm fine" far too often,but nobody wants to be thought a whinger.Mind you,when I'm at the end of my rope,I have been known to reply "how long have you got" (jokingly) and therefore still keeping it light......You're welcome to have a good moan on here whenever you feel like it,you'll get plenty of support and empathy.

Hello and welcome LaneyLou.I must say you're quite upbeat about the whole crohns business,and I find it's the best way to be if you can manage it. We all say "I'm fine" far too often,but nobody wants to be thought a whinger.Mind you,when I'm at the end of my rope,I have been known to reply "how long have you got" (jokingly) and therefore still keeping it light......You're welcome to have a good moan on here whenever you feel like it,you'll get plenty of support and empathy.
I agree

Thank you, it's nice to hear that from people who can relate!! I must admit the "positivity" is usually pritty forced, I'm at the point where I'm fed up with people feeling sorry for me so just slap on a smile, interestingly enough the GP thinks I'm in denile/not accepting the diagnosis. I disagree (obviously!) Just feel I have spent enough of my time being sick I don't want to waste time feeling sorry for myself or being a burden on others. Don't get me wrong I have some very low days and realise im still adjusting to all this, even agreed to start CBT therapy in the new year, but joining on here was almost a little project for myself to start opening up a bit more, Easier said than done I'm sure!!

scottsma

I am the same at docs.appts.I'm always cheerful or pretend to be and "I'm fine".I just don't want them to think I'm a whinger.My hubby is always telling people how tough I am.Tough as old boots actually hahaha.But I do enjoy the occasional day feeling sorry for myself and snuggling down with a good book.I hope you get through Christmas OK.I mean we ALL have to be merry then eh?

I am the same at docs.appts.I'm always cheerful or pretend to be and "I'm fine".I just don't want them to think I'm a whinger.My hubby is always telling people how tough I am.Tough as old boots actually hahaha.But I do enjoy the occasional day feeling sorry for myself and snuggling down with a good book.I hope you get through Christmas OK.I mean we ALL have to be merry then eh?
Haha yes im not entirely sure how good il be at maintaining the festive spirt with everyone around me eating and drinking excessively (surely not just my family?!?) I was really looking forward to it this year as I was really poorly and newly diagnosed last year, unfortunately i have just come down with some stupid issues with my nerve/joint (they havent decided yet) so im left limping around muttering bah-humbug under my breath lol I'm sure it'll be fine just a little overwhelmed at the thought of the family traveling down to mine for it!
I'm so glad you said that about appointments,I sometime feel like I'm wasting their time or theres someone more urgent to be seen and have to remind myself things have changed and Id be a fool to grin and bear it like I used to do! Best wishes and hope you have a wonderful Christmas ☺

scottsma

If you're having visitors don't forget to DELEGATE !!! And remember,just because it starts in November it's only one day when all's said and done. Best wishes.