• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Yellow Belt

Just wanted to share!!!

I had my Judo grading today and I passed - I am 6th kyu - Yellow belt!!

When I woke up I couldn't poo - quite refreshing actually, but when I was told it was five mins til I was up for grading I was able to poo LOADS!!

BUT the main thing is I made it and I passed. I feel like Crohns has taken so much away from me, often including the Judo when I have been too ill to go to classes, but today, just for once, I was master of my bowels and I WON!!!

Sorry - do I sound like a smug git? Just feeling rather pleased and wanted to share something ith you allother than the most recent public sharting episode for a change!

Lishyloo x

Yay for you Lishyloo! Glad you managed to do well at the grading with everything else going on :)

How long til you get your brown belt? That would be a suitable one for a Crohnie to have ;)

At the moment Shaz, I just work really hard at not having a brown seat!!! Suitable Judo pants have been a HUGE source of concern!

Although the windiness can help when trying to break out of a firm hold down!

Thanks!

Lishyloo x

Congratulations, Lishyloo, that's quite an achievement.
I went to a Karate club years ago and getting the yellow belt seemed a serious step forward. From that point on I moved into the class with all the coloured belts and the black belts... and I used to get thoroughly beaten up... twice a week.
You have every right to be a smug git! Have fun!

Nice! Congrats on the earn. I ran out of money and had to quit my Kenpo long ago and as a result I know just enough to either get myself out of trouble or get my butt beat by someone who really knows what they're doing. I'd earned my orange and was in the middle of purple through the JT Will karate academy. I was in about the best shape of my life while I was learning Kenpo.

Thanks everyone! Still feeling smug!

DanSJVDavis - what a shame you had to give up... we are so lucky that our club is really cheap, and I know that when people fall on hard times they have waived the fees before - how wonderful is that? Really decent people.

Farm - never heard of Yami Rasha - I am clearly rubbish!

Agent X20 - yes it feels like a HUGE step, but thankfully the instructor knows I am not well so he keeps an eye on me, and I don't get too pounded by the blackbelts. I find generally it's not the blackbelts you have to worry about - it's the cocky orange belts who are out to kill! I am right behind them now!

I am also hoping I now know enough to get myself out of trouble if anything awful happened - I once got punched by a man in a night club - totally unprovoked, and I don't even go to bars very often (I don't drink, I'm not looking for love, I rarely get a babysitter - whats the point?) - so unfair! Now I think I could defend myself if I had to - failing that I will have to fall back on my powerful reserve of fart warfare!

Everyone else - I love you guys - was just telling my mum today how I had lovely messages of congratulations for my bragging from complete strangers all over the world with whom I have SOOO much in common! Badly behaved bowels of the world unite! You guys keep me sane!

Lishyloo x

farm

Captain Insaneo
Farm - never heard of Yami Rasha - I am clearly rubbish!
How about O-Soto-Geri? or Ko-Soto-Geri? Congrats again!

Use the Fart! No such thing as a fair fight!!

Must confess Farm, I have used the fart to get out of a tricky kesa gatame... (only on my husband - he's an instructor and therefore deserves it) but unfortunately these days farts simply cannot be trusted the way they once were.... the white suits just aren't conducive to Crohn's mishaps are they?

In a scary brawl/mugging type situation though I wonder if faecal splattering of an attacker could be classed as actual assault with a deadly weapon - because quite frankly my behind is deadly these days!

farm

Captain Insaneo
LMAO! You are great. I can see a man with a great kesa gatame hold thinking "It's over" then saying damn! What the.......

That's funny!!!

Lishyloo said:
Must confess Farm, I have used the fart to get out of a tricky kesa gatame... (only on my husband - he's an instructor and therefore deserves it) but unfortunately these days farts simply cannot be trusted the way they once were.... the white suits just aren't conducive to Crohn's mishaps are they?

In a scary brawl/mugging type situation though I wonder if faecal splattering of an attacker could be classed as actual assault with a deadly weapon - because quite frankly my behind is deadly these days!
As acidic as my poo feels coming out it may just melt the flesh off of an assailant. I'm tempted to drop trou and start flinging poo if I ever get into a bad situation.

Cops: "Mr Davis, what caustic substance were you carrying to do such damage to the victim's flesh?"

Me: "Well...err...I...kinda...pooped on him?"

DanSJVDavis said:
As acidic as my poo feels coming out it may just melt the flesh off of an assailant. I'm tempted to drop trou and start flinging poo if I ever get into a bad situation.

Cops: "Mr Davis, what caustic substance were you carrying to do such damage to the victim's flesh?"

Me: "Well...err...I...kinda...pooped on him?"
YES!!! So very true!!! I am suprised there is still porcelain in my WC! The burning ring of fire could become a powerful weapon in our arsenal! :ylol2:

congrats loo!! i have SO been wanting to take self defense or judo or ANYthing like that. knowing how to kick peoples asses would be such a great feeling...:D

hey, my trick for when i have to wear something that isnt cohesive to crapping in is to wear a pair of blck bike shorts underneath. i did colorguard for 6 years and all kinds of tight in the butt, light colorerd costumes.
tight bike shorts conceal ANY type of protection you got under there, i always fully lined my undies with panty liners and it saved me so many times. plus the tightness always kinda, held everything in place, so the liners never poked out any odd angles or anything. and in unfortunate times of the Soggy Undie? shorts kept it all in place instead of mashing into your white pants. ugh....
try it out :)