• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Yet another test!

yet another test!

So my GI's office called today. So I guess there is some "swelling" or "fluid retention" noted on my SBFT and the barium went too quick through with some areas retaining the barium. So I get to go for a gastroscope! Woo hoo. :eek2: He wants to take a bx of the small bowel and look at my esophagus or something. (I actually didn't get to talk to him just the girls at the desk). So I don't go for this test until Feb 13, 2012 :eek2: Good thing I am not superstitious. haha :ylol2:

Well just an update. Being NPO is much better then 4L (gallon) of peglyte. :)

Oh man, I was doing some shopping (getting the kids some clothes for my husband's grandfather's funeral) and I had to drop the clothes and run to washroom. *sigh* At least I knew the store well and where the bathroom was! My 3 yr old was running in tow with me. He was like I know where it is! Follow me! haha Kids! :ylol2:

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Long time to wait for a test. I know the holidays tend to drag things along. Hope they find out what's wrong and fix it or at least make it better. :)

Yeah, they aren't doing anything over december and well that's the wait times sometimes in canada. I am non emergent so that's how long I have to wait. Plus he only does the gastroscopes on mondays, tuesday, and wednesday. That's it.