• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Yogurt as a cure for Covid-19 and Crohn’s disease?

my little penguin

Staff member
There is NO CURE for Crohn’s disease
I repeat there is NO CURE
The micro biome of the gut has been studied and sometimes diet can help as an adjunct therapy for kids in addition to meds for the majority of kids
(Een scd ibd aid diet etc...)
But these are NOT A CURE

Understood. Article title is misleading, but some interesting research. That's not to say there will never be a cure.

my little penguin

Staff member
I did want to add adults with crohns have a different disease type than children With crohns (12-20)
And very early onset ibd (under age 8) is another type
Adults can have better success With diet such as SCD
And kids have better success with EEN

Scipio

If yogurt could cure Crohn's I would have been cured years ago, because I eat yogurt for breakfast nearly every day - including back in the days when I was first coming down with Crohn's. But, alas, my Crohn's carries on. It has responded well to a biologic drug but not to yogurt.

Yougurt can certainly be an important part of healthy diet, but no one should expect it to be a miracle cure for Crohn's or anythng else.

Lady Organic

Staff member
The title of the article is sensationalistic, not scientific:)
Reporters often use such titles to captivate our attention, they exagerate. Most probably and interesting finding in this research is that yogurt (probiotics) can or could HELP for IBD and covid in slowing down the inflammatory cascade, just as any other type of very anti-inflammatory molecules found in different foods or vitamin D, for instance, can also do.

The way the article is written, it sounds like someone bucking for grants to fund a pet project. The headline is a classic example of bad journalism.

Yogurt gives me instant nausea if I eat it. Always has. And I've never understood why.

There is a question mark at the end of the title, not misleading.

Would be better to study the article and answer the question mark at the end of the title.

What are your thoughts after reading it and what they discovered.

Would be better if people would take any research serious and make serious comments on the issue in order for science to progress.

There will be no cure if we quickly discard new information.

The way the article is written, it sounds like someone bucking for grants to fund a pet project. The headline is a classic example of bad journalism.

Yogurt gives me instant nausea if I eat it. Always has. And I've never understood why.
Do any other acidic foods also make you nauseous? If not, and it's the only food that you have that reaction to, it could be a sensory issue with the texture or taste. Bananas make me react the same way despite my best efforts. If it didn't used to happen and now it does, though, I'd check with a doctor to see if you've developed an allergy or something. Good luck!