• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

You think you are good at finding humour in your condition?

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
I received this e-mail from Terri Gardner (I member of this forum also, but an extremely busy one!) and am sharing it with all of you.

I have an exciting opportunity for you or any of your forum members who might be interested. I'm sure that I told you about my involvement with www.medtees.com This is a very cool website run by a Chicago area physician and his wife, who is a psychologist. They have created these shirts that create awareness of different diseases and are very empowering to wear. As I said, it is a not-for-profit venture with proceeds going to run the website and to charities such as the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation.

My daughter and I have been helping promote the IBD shirts ("semi-colon") and in return, we have received some valuable publicity for Crohn's and Colitis. Medtees is getting a great deal of media attention in the US both locally and nationally. The folks who run Medtees have asked me to help them with an exciting new project. They are looking for mottos for a new Crohn's and Colitis shirt that younger IBD'ers (high school/college/young adult) would want to wear. (It can be generic to IBD or specific to Crohn's or Colitis) They want to find something that is subtle, but gets the point across and creates awareness. They have asked me to put a "call out" for mottos. They are working with a designer and have some great designs and just need a motto to put with them.

I would like to invite you and anyone you know (friends, your forum, etc) to submit ideas. If an idea is chosen , it will be used to create this new shirt and will most likely be featured on television appearances and perhaps be worn by a celebrity. Most important, it will really help get the word out- especially if it is somethng lots of people would wear.

Here is the link to the ABC-7 News story about Medtees that Gemma and I appeared in last month:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgS7YjKuaZs

It helps give an idea of what Medtees are all about. Please feel free to spread this link around with the "call for tee mottos." Any ideas can be sent to my official campaign e-mail address at cureibd@hotmail.com

I am hoping to perhaps incorporate this new t-shirt motto and design with the premiere of True Guts this Fall. I think we really stand to make an impact!

Thanks for any assistance you can offer with this.

take care,

Terri

IF you have any ideas e-mail them to the address above, or post them here for critque and comments. Personally I had thought that something revolving around the double meaning of "crap" would be good ("you think you have to deal with crap?"), but please do not limit yourself to that idea. Think what would be the most humourous, most appealing and give the most awareness to the disease. Try and be the one who creates the saying that will be worn by others to raise IBD awareness.

J

Jonny

Personally I had thought that something revolving around the double meaning of "crap" would be good ("you think you have to deal with crap?"),

LOL i like it Mikey i will get my thinking cap on and try and come up with something with Tina and Kelly tinas Sister .Shes pretty good at coming up with T-shirt logos

M

meowsie

these tees are a riot! i almost fell out of my chair laughing at them. I must think of some other humors to this disease.

D

Donna

Here's one....

"got paper?" and have a pic of a roll of toilet paper winding its way around the shirt.

Or..."Danger...Prednisone in use!"

Or..."Caution!! Wet Fart Zone"

Or...my personal favorite... "I'm sorry, I have to go. Oops, nevermind."

Will keep thinking!!

Donna

M

meowsie

On a t-shirt...

Picture of a toilet and the words "Oh crap!"

J

Janet

I had two but I can only remember one right now...

Burrill/Dr. Crohn/Crohnie is my homeboy

I'd wear that, haha.

People might not know who "Burrill" is so I put the other names yeeeee

K

Kossy

That picture makes Dr. Crohn looks like Grandpa Simpson...

Janet said:
I had two but I can only remember one right now...

Burrill/Dr. Crohn/Crohnie is my homeboy

I'd wear that, haha.

People might not know who "Burrill" is so I put the other names yeeeee

V

Valentina

lol, Im trying to think of some slogans.. they never come to me when I want them to.. just seem to pop in my head at inapropriate times. :) :)

B

boneyboy

A mix of geekness and crohn's here:

"Got Gas?"

Well I guess it originally comes from the "Got Milk" ads, but "Got Root" is where it all starts in my brain. Sorry, IT Industry hazard there...then again, "Got milk" can lead to "Got Gas". I think too much.

M

meowsie

boneyboy said:
A mix of geekness and crohn's here:

"Got Gas?"
I had a thought the other day about showing a butterfly's trail all flitty and scattered, then having its trail go straight. Words under it something to the effect of knowing when a butterfly has gas. :)

B

boneyboy

Janet said:
Got Gas is like my CCFA Got Guts tee ;)
Yeah, I noticed that last night after I got home, did some laundry, and mine were starin at me there with "Got Guts" on it. I dunno, I've thought that got guts is a little blah. Maybe "Got Gas" with a taco bell logo under it? or layered on top of a taco bell logo? Or a milk carton? I think you know where i'm going with this, lol.

J

Jonny

What about " licence to poo"!! like 007 james bond..going along with a anxious look on his face and trying to get to a toilet thats a fair bit away in a crowd of people ? lol

Something like that picture like hes on a mission to the loo lmao?

J

Janet

boneyboy said:
Yeah, I noticed that last night after I got home, did some laundry, and mine were starin at me there with "Got Guts" on it. I dunno, I've thought that got guts is a little blah. Maybe "Got Gas" with a taco bell logo under it? or layered on top of a taco bell logo? Or a milk carton? I think you know where i'm going with this, lol.
Got Guts? Actually, I don't. They've been removed. Ahaha jay kay.

cookey

Mama Crohnie
I'm still fixing to design my own psychedelic pouches...Yep we have to find humor in this Disease somewhere. Why be drab..when we can look fab since we have to live this way...lol.

My son and I had a "secret language" of jokes, all concerning unauthorized releases ... solids, liquids and gasses.

What about: Step back. Sublject to Uncontrolable Urges (with a picture of a toilet?)

tonya_n_ky

I love this! lol I love the one Janet came up with, I'd wear that too...lol.

I'd need to sit and think about it for awhile, first thought was "GOT POT?" on the front and a toilet on the back.

Til Next Time ~ Tonya