• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Your Medical Team

How Happy are You with Your Medical Team

• Couldn't Be Happier!

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • I'm neutral towards my current medical team, but I'm not looking to change it.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • I'm neutral towards my current medical team and I am looking to change it

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • I hate my medical team! They're all idiots!

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
J

jyarmo

How happy are you with your current "medical team"? By this I mean all the doctors that currently help you with your condition.

I am very happy with the medical team I have. They are all experienced and my G.P even has Crohn's himself (not to mention his two children as well). His life experiences with Crohn's is just as helpful as his medical knowledge/expertise!

R

ReeRee

I'm happy with my current team. But the list of idiot, drooling morons I went thru to find this team is quite long. My nurse practioner has Crohn's herself, and she happens to be married to my attorney. That came in very handy when my ex sued me for custody and tried to use Crohn's to prove I wasn't a fit mother to my son..heehee. My attorney had his attorney for lunch. With a nice Cianti I'm told..haah.

E

eastcoastsurfer

I was lucky enough to find a really good GI on the first try. He adjusts his schedule whenever I need to see him, his daughter has Crohn's, so he has a good perspective of day-to-day life with it. I can also get my remicade at his office, I don't have to go in the hospital. The nurses that administer that are all really great too. I've had some bad experiences in the hospital though, sometimes the attendings don't even seem to know what Crohn's is.

I have had no problems with mine so far. I just wish that they would not always rush me so much. I know that they have more important people to examine and such, but I feel that sometimes they do not spend enough time with me. I should not complain then I guess though, cause I guess that means that I am doing pretty good if the docs do not want to see me.

R

Rob17870

I was at a childrens hospital till I was 18 and i really liked my team, they really seemed to listen to me and tried to do their best to make me feel good. Then I left to the UW medical team and i feel like my doc is just to busy to listen to what I have to say. It seems he just dosnt care, which he does not have too but it would make me feel better about things.

Any people from Washington State know of some awesome docs?

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Sorry Rob, can't help you there. I do not know if this is possible, but contacting a local division of the CCFA might be able to lead you to a good recommendation or at least put you in contact with some local people in the area who can recommend a doctor.

J

jlbastian

eastcoastsurfer said:
I was lucky enough to find a really good GI on the first try. He adjusts his schedule whenever I need to see him, his daughter has Crohn's, so he has a good perspective of day-to-day life with it. I can also get my remicade at his office, I don't have to go in the hospital. The nurses that administer that are all really great too. I've had some bad experiences in the hospital though, sometimes the attendings don't even seem to know what Crohn's is.
This sounds a lot like my team! My doctor is a younger guy (for a doctor) probably mid 30's. He is an exceptional doctor, and I couldn't possibly ever reeplace the trust we have if I had to change to someone else. Also his nurse and I are very close, I even have her cell number (which she insisted I take) in case of an emergency. She even came back from her vacation two days early when I was in my last serious flare!

I was recently in the hospital for a bowel resection and their practice did not work directly with this hospital, but all three of the doctors in the practice came to visit me during my three week stay.

I feel like I am incredibly lucky :)

J

jyarmo

This sounds a lot like my team! My doctor is a younger guy (for a doctor) probably mid 30's. He is an exceptional doctor, and I couldn't possibly ever reeplace the trust we have if I had to change to someone else. Also his nurse and I are very close, I even have her cell number (which she insisted I take) in case of an emergency. She even came back from her vacation two days early when I was in my last serious flare!

I was recently in the hospital for a bowel resection and their practice did not work directly with this hospital, but all three of the doctors in the practice came to visit me during my three week stay.

I feel like I am incredibly lucky

Wow! You do have a great team working with you! While you could say that you are lucky, I'm sure after all the "crap" you've been through, you more than deserve it!

K

k-t

I'm real happy with my medical team, my consultant, surgens, dietician and gp are marvelous!!! wouldn't change them for all the money in the world!!!!!!

V

Valentina

I have this daydream of locking them all in a room, and not letting them out until they all agree... or at least awknowledge eachothers opinions on treatments, diagnosis etc. would make for an interesting reality show?! lol
other than their being too many of them... Im pretty happy, they seem to take me seriously, and want to keep me healthy.

K

Kate

im quite happy iwth it all they havent done anyhting that is wrong and i havent had to have alot to do with them fingers crossed and wont have to for a long while

S

Spongie Sonya

My consultant is fantastic...I never feel rushed, he always remembers the personal stuff (my son's name etc;) and really knowledgable too.

R

Ryan

My Surgeon is great and always takes time to explain everything and also just able to have a laff with him to.