• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Annual Tests Good News

Hello everyone hope you are all well. I've not been on for a while but over the last couple of months my daughter has had all the annual tests. MRI, Ultrasound, cal tests, bloods, and scopes. All good news scopes show that all ulcers and inflammation have healed. Bloods all good and cal test below 30. So my daughter will be staying on just the fortnightly Humira injections for now! I am totally aware that things can change at any time but I am happy to go with the good results and enjoy these good to times.
Makes it that little bit easier to know our kids can lead a normal active life.

crohnsinct

WOOHOO! I miss our dancing poop and bananas!

Don't worry about when or if things will change! Enjoy the good and revel in it! You deserve it!

So happy for you and your girl! Thanks for sharing!

Thank you all so much for your lovely sweet replies. When my daughter was diagnosed just under two years ago I was in such a bad place and really struggled to see any light at the end of the tunnel. However I have now come to realise a diagnosis was the best thing that could have happened with my daughter. That may seem a strange thing to say. However since the diagnosis my daugter has put on two stone in weight and grown 4 inches. Without a diagnosis and treatment she would be so under developed for her age. So for this how she is now I am truly grateful!!

crohnsinct

Yes, and they learn a lot dealing with a chronic illness. While I would give it back in a New York minute, I have seen my daughter develop resilience, time management skills, perseverance, empathy and, and, and. Silver linings I guess! Glad you are on the other side of the mountain now.

Yes, and they learn a lot dealing with a chronic illness. While I would give it back in a New York minute, I have seen my daughter develop resilience, time management skills, perseverance, empathy and, and, and. Silver linings I guess! Glad you are on the other side of the mountain now.
How right you are. My daughter has gone from being a very shy quiet girl from a very confident willful young lady. She will talk very easily to adults, I guess that has come from all the doctors and nurses etc that they have to talk with. Even more determined to get on and do well at school.
So yes at least one good thing has to come out of this awful disease.
This week my daughters school year had the cervical smear injection. A lot of the girls were left crying after having the injection. She was asked by another girl why she was acting all casual about it. I guess our kids go through so much prodding and poking a little injection is nothing.