• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Forum newbie, but old hand with the Crohn's

I was diagnosed with Crohn's somewhere between 25 to 30 years ago...too long to remember the date. Started out taking sulfa, which I found out I am allergic to, and which put me in the ER. I have taken numerous different drugs ranging from daily enemas, oral and IV medications. But, I have now been on Humira for about the past 10 years, along with balsalazide disodium, (a generic for who knows what???), and doing relatively good. I have taken so many steroids for past flare ups that I developed osteoporosis. But that has gotten somewhat better; now it's upgraded to osteopenia. Also, due to great family genes, I have a host of autoimmune and other diseases as well, (but holding on:thumleft:). :lol: