• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Restless leg or something else!?! Need some help!

Does anyone have restless leg syndrome?
I thought that’s what I had but, mine starts inlower back. Leg muscles dont hurt but, they sure do want to kick out.
I have recently added Psoriatic Arthritis, Crohns Arthritis and Crohns Arthritis.
I did notice when I was on a higher dose of prednisone it was less often. But after 11 months I don’t even want to tell my Dr,
I am not sure I can take one more problem.

thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Lauren

Hello, you don't say whether your leg kicks at night when in bed or during the day. Involuntary leg movements are normal just before going to sleep. Do you have cramp when your toes suddenly curl and cause pain for a few minutes? Cramp in your calves which affects people after jogging or running ? My GP advised keeping well hydrated and adding salt to my food. A quick rub or massage usually gets rid of cramp pain.
Wearing bed socks and ankle warmers really helps me in winter to keep the circulation going.

Does anyone have restless leg syndrome?
I thought that’s what I had but, mine starts inlower back. Leg muscles dont hurt but, they sure do want to kick out.
I have recently added Psoriatic Arthritis, Crohns Arthritis and Crohns Arthritis.
I did notice when I was on a higher dose of prednisone it was less often. But after 11 months I don’t even want to tell my Dr,
I am not sure I can take one more problem.

thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Lauren
Lauren, I have this same issue. I find it's worse when I've been on my feet a lot during the day. It starts once I sit down and is especially bad at might when I am trying to fall asleep. I've had really good luck with a homeopathic treatment called Hylands Restful Legs. They also make one for nocturnal leg cramps that really works called Hylands Leg Cramps PM.

I know this post is 2+ years old but I’m replying in case anyone else has this problem.

A few years ago a pharmacist recommended an OTC natural remedy called Restful Legs which is made by Hylands. There’s a nighttime version and a daytime version. The nighttime version includes melatonin which helps you sleep, and you dissolve 2-3 tablets under your tongue. It’s always worked for me.