• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

11 months on humira = success!

After 11 months on humira, I was told today by my GI that my UC is finally in clinical remission!! My fecal calprotectin is currently 30. He'll be doing a follow up colonoscopy in a year to verify if I'm in endoscopic remission but if things continue to improve, he's confident my scopes will look good.

I am posting this to give others hope and not give up so soon. Since starting, I went through multiple changes in my dose and medication combinations. The combo that finally worked was the following: weekly humira, 50mg/day of azathioprine (imuran), 4 Apriso pills/day and mesalamine suppositories (one in the morning & another at night). I'll be coming off the suppositories in 3 months since my GI things I won't be needing them anymore.

I currently don't have any UC symptoms or side effects to any of my meds. In fact, most days I forget I have UC...I only remember when it's time to take my meds. I am also pretty much back to eating and drinking anything I want in moderation; I continue to keep a food journal to track new foods I try every week. So for those of you feeling hopeless and frustrated, continue to work with your team of doctors. You have options and never lose faith that something will work.
I've only been diagnosed for @14 months and it has been a long road to where I am right now but I'm so happy to finally have my life back. 🙂

my little penguin

Staff member
So glad the humira has worked for you .
That is wonderful news to Hear.
It worked well for over 5 years for ds
He had nice pretty pink intestines on scopes
He has been on Stelara for over three years now and that is also working well

There is a medicine out there for most folks that will do the trick

So glad the humira has worked for you .
That is wonderful news to Hear.
It worked well for over 5 years for ds
He had nice pretty pink intestines on scopes
He has been on Stelara for over three years now and that is also working well

There is a medicine out there for most folks that will do the trick
Thank you MLP. Glad to hear your kiddo is doing well. I hope I'm lucky enough to have humira work for years to come.

After 11 months on humira, I was told today by my GI that my UC is finally in clinical remission!! My fecal calprotectin is currently 30. He'll be doing a follow up colonoscopy in a year to verify if I'm in endoscopic remission but if things continue to improve, he's confident my scopes will look good.

I am posting this to give others hope and not give up so soon. Since starting, I went through multiple changes in my dose and medication combinations. The combo that finally worked was the following: weekly humira, 50mg/day of azathioprine (imuran), 4 Apriso pills/day and mesalamine suppositories (one in the morning & another at night). I'll be coming off the suppositories in 3 months since my GI things I won't be needing them anymore.

I currently don't have any UC symptoms or side effects to any of my meds. In fact, most days I forget I have UC...I only remember when it's time to take my meds. I am also pretty much back to eating and drinking anything I want in moderation; I continue to keep a food journal to track new foods I try every week. So for those of you feeling hopeless and frustrated, continue to work with your team of doctors. You have options and never lose faith that something will work.
I've only been diagnosed for @14 months and it has been a long road to where I am right now but I'm so happy to finally have my life back. 🙂
Good luck. I have been on Humira for over a year and, so far, I am feeling great.