• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Advice needed

So I contacted my GI about my latest and most bothersome symptom. Consistant pain under my left rib with burning sensation in tummy. My GI is young and not very seasoned so he kind of left it up to me to figure this out. He asked what did I want to do. My options are CT, antacids or endoscopy. I've been on prilosec for some time now so that leaves either CT or endoscopy. My crohn's is in my terminal ileum.

fuzzy butterfly

Hi i would say go for the ct it shows up far more. A ct showed my crohns when all else didnt. Mine in the terminal ileum too. Best wishes n good luck💕

Lady Organic

Staff member
how are you usually monitored for your crohn's? blood works? fecal calprotectine? Did you do these tests very recently?

terminal ileum is lower right cadran in tummy.

have you ever had upper (stomach) endoscopy?

Dr Hiromi Shinya, a long term gastroenterologist surgeon (in his book, The enzyme factor) discourages long use of antiacids. im not sure if Prilosec is considered an anti-acid? If so this dr says that long term use of antiacids can provoque thinning of the gastric mucosa which can lead to chronic inflammation of the stomach mucosa.

my little penguin

Staff member
Ct scans for IBd are done the same way as a CTE still have to drink barium
Plus IV meds
It enhances the images so the docs can see things better
Ct and MRI regular version are no longer the std of care

Welp, ended up in the ER last night because of the pain. They evaluated me for blood clots and did a CT of my chest.. All clear with no answer as to where the pain is coming from. Meanwhile my GI dr wants a CT of my small bowel right away..

fuzzy butterfly

Aw Annie sorry u ended up in ER hun. So still no answers !! Shame they didnt do a full body scan, that could have saved time ,money and maybe given you an answer. Best wihes n hope thing are soon sorted . Take care 💕