• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Anti-map doctors in the US

Does anyone have any contacts for any anti-map doctors in the US that would be willing to work with my local GI? Two of the doctors I’ve tried to contact are retired and the other two are at the Center for Digestive Diseases in Australia, and they’re telling me I need to be a patient if theirs and physically seen.

I suppose the doctor doesn’t even have to be in the US, they just need to be willing to work with my GI. I’ve hit many roadblocks with this which is frustrating. I’m not sure if it’s just because I’m in the US, but it’s frustrating because I feel like it’s being advertised as this very good potential help but is unattainable.

I’m also wondering if anyone knows of the possible neuro toxic effects of it? Someone mentioned it in a thread. None of the research I’ve done mentioned it unless they’re referring to using Flagyl and the neuropathy.

Also, has anyone tried this therapy that wore contacts and had issues with them while on the therapy? A podcast I just listened to mentions people may not be able to wear contacts which I hadn’t heard of before.

Any recommendations for doctors would be greatly appreciated.

There’s a website called human para that has a list for of anti map doctors and I think suggestions how to find one.

I’m interested in anti map but doc wants to work through biologic first. I wear contacts and think the issue is that one of the drugs stains body fluids orange so my plan had been to switch from monthly disposable lenses to daily. But never got past the theoretical stage.

There’s a website called human para that has a list for of anti map doctors and I think suggestions how to find one.

I’m interested in anti map but doc wants to work through biologic first. I wear contacts and think the issue is that one of the drugs stains body fluids orange so my plan had been to switch from monthly disposable lenses to daily. But never got past the theoretical stage.
Thanks. I actually tried to email the Human Para, but my email kept bouncing. I actually ended up messaging them through Facebook and they gave me an alternate email to try, so I’m hoping they can help with finding a doctor. Did you see an actual list of doctors on the site?

Do you remember which antibiotic stains the bodily fluids? I just listened to a podcast where it talked about that, but I can’t remember if they stated which one. I wonder if it’s the one that also changes your skin color, and I wonder if there are substitutes which don’t have the same side effects.

I’m already on two biologics and an immune suppressant, so I really don’t have too much left to try. I hope the biologic works well for you. If they controlled everything for me, I’d probably just stick with them since being on antibiotics for such a long time may not be ideal.

That's something I've gone through. Adrian Bulfon, John Channing, Marianne Mann, and William M. Chamberlin are some of the doctors to look for. These doctors may only be contacted by email at Info@HumanPara.com. Send them an email, and they'll respond as soon as possible. I was also looking for doctors who had graduated from Caribbean medical schools, which had consistently good marks and a high-grade point average. My brother is a student there, and it's exciting to see how far he's come.

Last edited: