• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Blood clots in lungs due to surgery

• Thread starter devildee(donna2005)LOL
  • Start date
D

devildee(donna2005)LOL

Hi Guys

well i went to see my gastro on monday and just got back yesterday (lol ) , first of all i was 3 weeks early, but she did see me, i told her about my breathing problems beacause ive had probs breathing in since my op on 10th april,
she sent me for a blood test to see if there was signs of any blood clots in lungs which sometimes happens after a big op, and said to come back next day for chest xray.
well the results came in on mon evening about 3 hours later and the doctor said if it was 180 or less i could of gone but mine was 189 (cant remember name of the test) which showed signs there may be a clot and i had to stay in over nite for observation and they also did the chest xray that nite.
Next morning they sent me for a VT (scan of lungs) and said they would let me know by 5pm if i could go , got back from scan at 11am the doc came down at 11.30 and said i have to small clots in my lungs.
i started on the injection in the belly yday to thinnen the blood and WARFARIN.
Ive got to self inject ENOXAPARIN for 2 days then go for more bloods on friday to see how thin my blood is and how much WARFARIN i need each day, im taking 2 today and took 3 yday
Not really looking forward to it as got to take it for 3-6 months, i got kids and got to be carefull of bruising and bleeding.

:D to you all from a nervious warfarin taker

Hey,
Sounds like you had quite the bit of fun. I hope this all gets taken care of for you with minimal problems. I have no idea what warfarin is, nor have I had any similar issues.
But i wish you luck regardless!
Justin

K

kitty

o donna-i'm so sorry-after all you've been thru recently this is the last thing you need!
i shall be thinking of you next time i moan about one of my(comparitively)trivial ailments!
:cat: big hug!
kitty

V

Valentina

I read this and was like, I know I posted on this! but dont see it! lol, having a brain-dead moment.
I will just say again, big hugs Donna, it must be pretty scary. I hope your OK, and feel better soon.

K

Kate

hey donna my father inlaw is on it its not to bad i dont think he has to much problem with bruising but i think he had to aviod certian foods lol i cant remeber twhat they were but i think one was garlic which isnt brilliant for us anyhow

Best of luck with that hun
Kate

cookey

Mama Crohnie
Oh Gosh Donna, I hope they can clear this up quickly. I've never heard of this drug Warfarin, but I certainly hope it helps in your recovery. Hugs to you sweet lady. You're in my thoughts