• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Continuing to catch up on medical stuff.....

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Had a routine colonoscopy scheduled for yesterday, ended up having that and an upper scope due to some symptoms that has been persistent (nausea, reflux, abdominal pain/bloating) for the last two or so months, along with about 10lbs lost in the last month without trying.....

Due to a new patient portal, I am actually able to see results even before they are reviewed by my medical team (one doctor did the scope, another is my doctor of record who I assume will review everything)..... here is what I know so far, and I think it will mean some more appointments coming up....

colonoscopy biopsy results-
Surgical Pathology Report

FINAL DIAGNOSIS:
A. TERMINAL ILEUM, BIOPSY:
MILD ACTIVE ILEITIS.

B. COLON, CECUM, BIOPSY:
COLONIC MUCOSA WITH INTRAEPITHELIAL LYMPHOCYTOSIS, SEE COMMENT.

C. COLON, AT 80CM, BIOPSY:

D. COLON, AT 70CM, BIOPSY:

E. COLON, AT 60CM, BIOPSY:
COLONIC MUCOSA WITH PATCHY INTRAEPITHELIAL LYMPHOCYTOSIS, SEE COMMENT.

F. COLON, AT 50CM, BIOPSY:

G. COLON, AT 40CM, BIOPSY:

H. COLON, AT 30CM, BIOPSY:

I. COLON, AT 20CM, BIOPSY:
CHRONIC INACTIVE COLITIS WITH INTRAEPITHELIAL LYMPHOCYTOSIS, SEE COMMENT.

J. COLON, AT 10CM, BIOPSY:

COMMENT: No granuloma or dysplasia is noted. While intraepithelial lymphocytosis in this patient is most likely secondary to
Crohn's disease, from a purely histologic standpoint, the histologic features may fulfill the diagnostic criteria of lymphocytic
colitis pattern injury. Clinical correlation is recommended.

Upper scope no biopsies taken, every thing looked normal, BUT I have a hiatal hernia that wasn’t there 4 years ago when I last had an upper scope done.
So that was Monday, today I started the day by stepping on a yellow jacket wasp and the danged sting STILL hurts 8 hours later.... even with pain meds on board from having my 2 bottom wisdom teeth pulled today. Ugh.....

next up is finding time for a long overdue gynae appointment, I have intermittent left side pain that is also felt on palpating the area- I’ll be 50 this year and getting towards menopause along with periods that have decided to fluctuate in timing.
Sigh..... just waiting on the next thing to come along....

oh wait- haha- have a ton of fillings to get done, and dentist/hygienist recommended a deep cleaning that I’m waiting for insurance approval to have done.