• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Dried and shredded coconut?

Anybody here with experience? I need to add fat into my meshed fruit and vegetables and need to know if this will give a looser stool. In opposite to almonds and avocados, it has a low fodmap.

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
I haven't had coconut in awhile. But, majority of the time I've had shredded and never had any problem. Most of what I've had has been sweetened though and put into desserts. So, I'm afraid that I haven't had much of the fresh kind.

I haven't had coconut in awhile. But, majority of the time I've had shredded and never had any problem. Most of what I've had has been sweetened though and put into desserts. So, I'm afraid that I haven't had much of the fresh kind.
I hope coconut helps as I have just ordered a load of coconut milk to try and up my daily calories and ideally put some weight on. I figured coconut milk would be reasonably soft on the gut but you have to check the brand as some contain various gum ingredients which are apparently not gut friendly.
Hope it works for you

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
I do have coconut milk occasionally and it does well on me. But, when I drink it I have always had it mixed in something. For months though, we did purchase almond milk and I did drink that alone. I hope the coconut milk will work well on you too!