• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Finding my own way with Crohn's

My Crohn’s diagnosis eight years ago was a real shock to my system. I wasn’t really provided any guidance beyond a prescription and a pamphlet. I was determined to figure out what worked best for me and my body, but it was discouraging to navigate it all without a medical support system. I felt neglected by the healthcare system and confused about how best to take care of myself. This was so frustrating that I finally just decided to take matters into my own hands and create an app to better understand my IBD journey. Over the past year, it has evolved into a startup with doctors and researchers joining me (I’m a software engineer) to provide the best tools for patients, because we all each understand the patient experience in one way or another. Our free app is out now and I would love it if any of you would try it out and let me know what you think, and how we can make it better. I just want to save more people from the anguish, pain, and uncertainty that I’m sure we’ve all experienced and create a better future for all IBD/IBS patients. The app is called Phyla Health. Let me know what you think!

TLDR: Long-time Crohn’s patient but I’ve made my own path to monitoring my illness and I’m now inviting others to try it out

Last edited:
what would be interesting is if you could get a lot of people using it an get the data and run some analytics on it. That could yield some interesting insights.

what would be interesting is if you could get a lot of people using it an get the data and run some analytics on it. That could yield some interesting insights.
That's exactly the idea of what we want to do! Our intention is to work with patients through our app and microbiome test to create a better future for the Crohn's and Colitis community as a whole. At the moment, we are developing our artificial intelligence with some of the world's top researchers in the field. Since every patient is unique and has their own story, we want to interact and learn from as many people as possible so we can provide personalized support to each and every patient with IBD. So yeah, definitely want to get some more data so we can gain insight! Thanks for the comment:)

Great idea! Not available in europe though?
Thanks so much! Due to privacy protocols, we are currently unable to expand to Europe, unfortunately. We are still a small team and a startup but definitely hope to be able to offer the app and microbiome test kit more widely with more support and growth! Sorry for any inconvenience due to the lack of availability in Europe!