• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi, I have Crohn's. Just signed up 120120

I'm Tom, 73. Have had Crohn's for about 13-14 years. I've been taking Humira for about 2 years, and it's been working for me. Along with that I take iron, vitamin D3, vitamin B12, Folic acid, multiple vitamin with minerals, Calcium Citrate, and have been prescribed Tramadol for about 10 years or so. Have had some bad years and flares along the way, but have been more or less in remission for about 2 years now. Very thankful. Past meds which stopped working for me include Prednisone, Remicade, Azathioprine, and Mesalamine. I joined this forum to stay informed, learn about others' experiences with Crohn's, and maybe ask a few questions.

Honey

Staff member
Hi Tom, Like you, I have gone through all those medications too which stopped working for me. I am currently doing well on Salofalk mesalazine . I hope you keep well. It does take time to get the right medicine that works for you. Each one responds in their own way to medication. Keep well.

Hi Tom, Like you, I have gone through all those medications too which stopped working for me. I am currently doing well on Salofalk mesalazine . I hope you keep well. It does take time to get the right medicine that works for you. Each one responds in their own way to medication. Keep well.
Thanks Honey. I just got the notification of your reply. I'm glad that the Salofalk mesalazine is working for you. It's been a long time since I stopped taking mesalamine. I wonder what my doctor will do when the Humira stops working for me, as I suppose that it eventually will. I'm just thankful that it has worked as long as it has. Be safe and well!

Honey

Staff member
Keep well, Tom.
Yes , after many different treatments, and unwanted side effects, I am doing well on Salofalk
crystals. Almost two years now, roughly speaking.