• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Irene's Story

ten years ago i found out i have this illness and i was shock about it, so find a doctor to control it, after take medicine my crohns is stable for few year ,till 2006 i have a operation bcos my intestine are block cant eat n drink,lucky i was early half an hrs admit on time for op,after op i rest at home for few months, after i try to find job to work but not long ago, my pain comes so stop work and stay at home, later on i get depression too, becos of this sick i feel lost of the time, can anyone tell me tat when u have this crohns can u work?what kind of medicine u taking and can it control ur pain dayly.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
HI Irene :bigwave: Sorry you are struggling at the moment but you have come to the right place for help! After your surgery did you stay on some medications? There are many types of drugs and depending on where and what stage your disease is at. I am on very mild antidepressants and is fairly new. Pristiq is the name of it, and I dont have side effects from it.

Could you tell us what medicines you are or have taken? Singapore is the first post one here that I know of. Hopefully you can get some help here on the forum. Some one may have lived there. Hope you join our community.

Jessi

Hello and :welcome: to the forum, Irene.

I'm glad you've decided to join us. :)

What a beautiful country you live in! All my life, I've dreamt of visiting Singapore.

I'm sorry about your Crohn's bugging you lately. Depression and/or anxiety is a big part of it for a lot of us. I take sertraline for my anxiety, and xanax on really bad days. For pain control, you need to be very careful. I don't know if they have the same titles in Singapore, but acetaminophen is the only safe pain killer for us. The others, like ibuprofen, aspirin, and naproxen can make your stomach bleed and are very bad for Crohn's and UC. Heat helps, though. I like to use an electric heating pad or a heated fleece bag of uncooked rice.

Welcome again! I hope to hear more from you. :hug:

Welcome! Sorry you're having a rough time. I'm able to work through my flares because I have a very sedentary job and a restroom close by. I also use a heating pad at my desk all day.

I also take sertraline for chronic depression. It definitely helps!

Angrybird

Hi again Irene (I have said hello on another thread to you :)) You had mentioned that you are not finding your current doc very helpful so it is worth trying to get and see a new one, is this something you can perhaps get sorted fairly easily? I also am curious as to what medications you are on if any? If you do need new treatment you may have to have some tests done firt so they can first see what the disease is doing inside, this will also help the doc confirm what meds you then need. Perhaps have a look at our treatment forum to get some info about what is currently out there for us. I am able to work at the moment, I have understanding bosses and even though is does add to my tiredness it is tolerable and I use weekends and evenings as much as I can to rest up. One last thing is to have a look at is the diet and supplements forum, food definetly has at least some effect on our tummy's so see if you can find some 'trigger' foods in your current diet. I am really glad you have joined us and please keep us updated on how you are doing :hug: