• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Long road

Hello everyone, my name is Kaden. I was diagnosed with Crohn's when I was 15 years old. I am now 18. I suffered through those four years with depression and many other things from this disease. Through the years I have been on a fist full a medication from predison to many others. There was times that I felt like I couldn't do it anymore but I kept fighting. I almost died twice from this disease. I lost 30 pounds in a week. I am 127 pounds so yeah. It wasn't until last year or so that I ended up going to the mayo clinic in Minnesota were I was treated properly and been on remicad ever since. Now I've been in remission for about a year now and living life like I was before. I thank god everyday for helping me through this long and difficult journey which I have gotten stronger from. Makes you have a different perspective on life after you go through something like this.

afidz

Super Moderator
Thanks for sharing!
Its great that you finally went into remission, I remember how happy I was when I went into remission (I skipped to the parking lot)
I look forward to seeing you around the forum and seeing you live your life to the fullest!