• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Low TPMT levels and 6mp

Any of you out there have low tpmt levels and allowed to stay on 6mp. I am very nervous, this morning I got a call from my GP saying my TPMT levels came back low which put me on a high risk of being too supressed on this drug. I had the test sometime in late january, it took ages to come back. I have read about it and it says low tpmt levels means that the drug is toxic to you. I don't want to stay on this if this is the case. The GP contacted my GI and he says to take bloods every 2 weeks for the next 3 months and monitor by white blood cells but isn't this blood test a sure indicator that the drug is unsuitable.

also i'm also worried that my result was not accurate because I was already on 6mp for about 25 days. (the doctor didn't send the result the first time). So I have no idea if the result is even accurate. My level is 47