• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Suprep

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
This is my first time using the Suprep for a colonoscopy. I have always done the milalax type in the past and the last time I did, I started throwing up during the last part of my prep. For those of you who have used suprep, did you do better with it? I do know that I've also been given some anti-nausea to help. Just a little anxious for this time to come....

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
It's actually my favorite prep as odd as that sounds. I've thrown up from other preps before mainly because of the volume you had to drink. With Suprep, there's hardly any prep to drink. Main thing you have to do is keep drinking liquids. I was able to have jello and other juices and just enjoy them without them needing to be mixed with more prep. I was running clear after my first dose so didn't do the morning dose (I've talked to my GI about this, once you're running clear, output is the same as input, you don't need more prep, never had an incomplete scope).

Good luck! Don't forget the wet wipes.

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Thanks!!! One of the tips given by my doctor's office is to mix the prep with crystal light. So, might try that. You're right, most likely I'll only need half the prep being fairly small myself. Don't worry, wipes are one of my main staples here at home! Just, ready for the whole thing to be over...

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
I was actually able to down that prep without mixing it with anything. It doesn't taste like the usual nasty salty prep. Just different.

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Colonoscopy here I come. Getting everything together for the wonderful prep this next wednesday the 21st. Was able to get my weight up to about 98lbs, which is the most I've ever weighed. So, hopefully the loss won't be as much this time. Still anxious, but am taking tuesday off as well as wednesday and thursday for the excitement. We'll see how things go...

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
I was so excited that it looked like I was totally cleaned out last night before bed only doing one bottle of the prep. But, I guess not. I started getting bright green and peeing out of my butt stopped. Then, came the green diarrhea. So, in a few minutes I guess we go for another bout of the awful stuff...

Can't stand suprep. I swear by prepopik. It's all a matter of what works best for your body. You may want to try something different next time.