• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohn's stomach pains

How would you describe your Crohn's pains in your abdomen?

Where in your abdomen do you experience your pains?

Are they constant? Random? Food related?

Thanks xx

I would describe mine as really bad cramps that would come and go. Sometimes I think certain foods caused my pain but it wouldn't hold out all the time. I would wake up in the night and have some pain. My pain was in mainly in the middle of the abdomen. Now my pain is gone since I had surgery a couple months ago which I'm very grateful for!

I would describe mine as really bad cramps that would come and go. Sometimes I think certain foods caused my pain but it wouldn't hold out all the time. I would wake up in the night and have some pain. My pain was in mainly in the middle of the abdomen. Now my pain is gone since I had surgery a couple months ago which I'm very grateful for!
Thanks for the reply @KatieRose00.
Im currently starting testing again for Crohn's (had a colonoscopy a few years back and it was all clear). I'm awaiting FC results first.

Lately I seem to always have stomach pains. They're not always extremely painful, but they're there. The come and go. Today has been particularly bad. Mainly in the centre of my abdomen (but other areas too). I'm not going to the loo the same either at the moment. It seems to have changed over the last 2 weeks :(

I'm also being treated for complex fistula's! Oh joy lol xxx

Just a bump really...

So how would you describe your Crohn's pains?

Burning? Stabbing? Spasm? Cramping?
Just in one spot? Always the same spot? Multiple spots at once?

XxX

My pain is usually right at or under my navel, and feels like intense cramping. For me if it's really bad it's like the start of labor pains. One of my last CT scans showed narrowing of the terminal ileum so I think the pain stems from that.