• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Feeling frusterated..colonoscopy and CT negative, except for liver lesions

So I had the colonoscopy done and it took a couple weeks for the pain and pressure to disappear after that.
Finally had the CT with contrast done last week (and spent the rest of the day on the toilet, thank you fake sugar drink) and it was all negative except for 3 liver lesions, undetermined if FNH or hemangiomas. Although the radiologist stated one was "flash filling" which I guess can be atypical.

I told them to go ahead with the MRI, but I think they are ready to write off my abdominal pain, mucus, bloating, excessive gas, etc as IBS.

Last visit the PA told me to do the FODMAP diet. I had already pretty much cut everything out already but diligently went off garlic, mushrooms, onions and dairy for a few weeks. Nothing.....terrible bloating and gas the same as always.

Should I be asking him for different tests?

So I had the colonoscopy done and it took a couple weeks for the pain and pressure to disappear after that.
Finally had the CT with contrast done last week (and spent the rest of the day on the toilet, thank you fake sugar drink) and it was all negative except for 3 liver lesions, undetermined if FNH or hemangiomas. Although the radiologist stated one was "flash filling" which I guess can be atypical.

I told them to go ahead with the MRI, but I think they are ready to write off my abdominal pain, mucus, bloating, excessive gas, etc as IBS.

Last visit the PA told me to do the FODMAP diet. I had already pretty much cut everything out already but diligently went off garlic, mushrooms, onions and dairy for a few weeks. Nothing.....terrible bloating and gas the same as always.

Should I be asking him for different tests?
I hate it when doctors act like patients are making up their symptoms or make it out to be less than it really is. I don't know what to tell you, but I wish you the best. Hopefully, you can find answers soon.

Have you ever heard of a yeast overgrowth? Most natural Drs or allergy Drs could test you for this. May be worth looking into. I have the same thing and I'm on diflucan to kill the yeast bacteria.

Have you ever heard of a yeast overgrowth? Most natural Drs or allergy Drs could test you for this. May be worth looking into. I have the same thing and I'm on diflucan to kill the yeast bacteria.
Like Candida? I put my self on some of those diets years ago, which I did have, and sometimes it helped. I have since cut out sugars since last year though and eat really clean so I don't think it is that.

I am considering asking them to do the Prometheus test or the breath test for SIBO. I am just frustrated because they are just giving up, and the PA on the last visit basically slandered my holistic doctor as a quack. Thing is he has been the only one there to continue to help me through the flare ups.

Like Candida? I put my self on some of those diets years ago, which I did have, and sometimes it helped. I have since cut out sugars since last year though and eat really clean so I don't think it is that.

I am considering asking them to do the Prometheus test or the breath test for SIBO. I am just frustrated because they are just giving up, and the PA on the last visit basically slandered my holistic doctor as a quack. Thing is he has been the only one there to continue to help me through the flare ups.
The SIBO breath test is really easy. I just did it myself on the 1st (came up negative). Never had the Prometheus test done. Another thing you might want to check for is lactose intolerance. There is a breath test that could probably be done at the same time as the SIBO test. Both require that you drink a solution and breath into a syringe with a bag attached. Best of luck to you.

I understand. They do the same thing to me about my naturopath. It seems the natural ones are looking for you to heal, and our GI's are looking to medicate us. It really sucks. I'm so damn tired of all of this. I hope you get some answers and some rest.