• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to Forum

hello everyone i am new to this forum. it has been 7 months since i have been suffering and striving to live with crohns. too much pain and weakness. this disease can drain all your energy.
i am glad to have found a forum where i can share my experiences and also get to know what others are going through. juts like a hope to live with the disease! please enlighten me with the wisdom you have for a new comer like me.

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Hi and welcome to the forum! :D

What's your current treatment plan right now? Have you had your blood tested for any vitamin or nutrient deficiencies? Besides the lack of energy, what other symptoms do you have?

Glad you found the forum. Keep us posted on how you're doing. :)

hey

thank you. my treatment includes some medications like vegaz od, folic acid, budez cr. yes all my blood test reports are normal. my symptoms are stomach ache, frequent motions, stiffness and pain in the joints most of the time a whole body pain.
i recently found out that cows urine (fresh one ofcourse) is really good for many things if taken early morning empty stomached. and its good for crohns too. 7months it has been real pain. glad that i found you guys! how are you all doing?

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Yes there's no known cure to date.

I'm sorry, cow urine? Where did you get that information? This is the first time I've heard it being used for Crohn's symptoms.

Mesalazine medications aren't the best treatment for Crohn's because they're topical where Crohn's can cause inflammation deeper in the intestinal lining where the medication can't reach. Steroids are meant to be used short term and again aren't the best treatment for Crohn's. Has your GI doctor talked about trying any other medications?

More reading:
http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=50253
http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=50497

its an indian thing. and cows urine is really good for many diseases. try to google it or read about it. yes i have spoken with my Doctor about my medication according to him the current medications are fine and he wants me to continue them. though every now and then flares come up and he says its another infection in the stomach (intestines) and then he gives me some other pills and it calms down for a few days and comes back again. i have tried changing doctors too but most of them gave similar treatment. i am thinking about changing to homeopathy. what do u say??

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
I personally wouldn't switch to seeing someone with far less medical knowledge. I'd keep switching to another GI until you find one that's more proactive. Unfortunately many members on the forum who are from India have similar problems as you're having but not all doctors are the same. Hopefully you'll find one that works for you.

but then while we researched about the medicines i did not find that these are steroids as the doctor mentioned or not useful enough. how do i get to know what is right and what is not?

David

Co-Founder
Welcome to the community.

Getting to know what is right for you and isn't can take quite awhile. But educating yourself with resources like this forum is incredibly important so that you can become your own advocate.

We're here for you!