• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Newbie...

Afternoon all,

Just joined after a lot of surfing mainly looking for diet advice, I was diagnosed with Crohns last Thursday so apologies for any daft questions in advance, I seem to have it quite mild at the mo having read some of the posts on here fingers crossed it stays that way

scottsma

Hello and welcome.Sorry you have to join the Crohnies club though.Hopefully you will remain a mild case for many years to come.I was diagnosed 10 yrs ago,and it was only last year that things began to change.I still consider myself fortunate though,compared to many poor souls on the forum.You will find that you are much more aware of little niggley pains,what your eating and toilet trips etc.but once you become used to the idea of having crohns,you will understand what's going on inside.We are all different,ie; symptoms,treatment,meds., diet etc. Hope your having a GOOD day today.Best wishes.

fuzzy butterfly

Hi Bamba. Welcome to our crew. Sorry you need to be here tho. It can be a bit overwhelming to start with, so feel free to ask anything even if you think it may seem daft. We have all been at the starting point in the past. We know how hard it is to get your head around it all. We are here to help. Best wishes 💕