• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Ok so i had my Colonoscopy, heres what they found

according to the doc after surgery., my entire examined colon,large intestine was normal, they found a singular erosion in my terminal ileum, she took a biopsy i should know more in a couple weeks. I read some about it and it looks like finding a singular erosion means about a 50/50 shot at it being crohns. I wonder if about 7 years of gall bladder attacks and then getting gallstone pancreatitis could have caused this. anyone have any thoughts?

Scipio

There are more things beside Crohn's that can cause an erosion in the terminal ileum - celiac disease for example, or taking NSAIDs including aspirin. But I doubt that pancreatitis or gallstones could cause an erosion, because those are both inflammatory processes that occur outside of the bowel. The colonoscopy examines the inside of the bowel. I'm not a physician, but I don't see how inflammation happenng over in the gall bladder or pancreas is going to damage the inner lining of the small bowel.

Last edited:
I agree i was just throwing that out there, there was multiple times during the 7 years of gall bladder attacks i felt a warm sensation for just a minute or two in my guts, it was after i had the gall bladder attack, if that was bile and it was being dumped into my guts that would have been slowed at the terminal ileum, leaving that bile in one place longer than other places. I dont take aspirin or tylenol or any of those they have never done anything for me. I dont know, i do know i never had pain on my right side other than Gallstone attacks, once they subsided i would feel the difference and no other paisn where there, unless they were masked by the GB pains.

according to the doc after surgery., my entire examined colon,large intestine was normal, they found a singular erosion in my terminal ileum, she took a biopsy i should know more in a couple weeks. I read some about it and it looks like finding a singular erosion means about a 50/50 shot at it being crohns. I wonder if about 7 years of gall bladder attacks and then getting gallstone pancreatitis could have caused this. anyone have any thoughts?
What about your lab tests? your calprotectin levels, ANCA screen results, saccharomyces cerevisiae IGG levels, C reactive protein and sed rate etc etc?? there are a lot of tests available but probably the fecal calprotectin level test would be the one more specific for Crohn's . And the biopsies, although a negative biopsy result could be misleading..

Lynda Lynda

I am not a medical professional, but I recently had a blood test, stool test, CT Scans and Humira level blood test. These tests, plus my current symptoms, helped my Gastroenterologist come up with my current diagnosis. I am wondering what other tests you have had ?

I have had tn upper GI with small bowel, i had a stool test that was 3 days of samples and multiple blood tests and just had my colonoscopy, one of ths stool tests said i had extra bllod in my stool my gastro doc said even a simple hemmroid can cause the same result. it was unusual when they stated a singular erosion and my large bowel was normal. I have never had any right side lower pain. when my GB failed it was upper right side and it would like make a fist and stop and make a fist and stop, i had those attacks for close to 7 years then it turned into gallstone pancreatitis which is what put me in ER January of 2020

Lynda Lynda

I have had tn upper GI with small bowel, i had a stool test that was 3 days of samples and multiple blood tests and just had my colonoscopy, one of ths stool tests said i had extra bllod in my stool my gastro doc said even a simple hemmroid can cause the same result. it was unusual when they stated a singular erosion and my large bowel was normal. I have never had any right side lower pain. when my GB failed it was upper right side and it would like make a fist and stop and make a fist and stop, i had those attacks for close to 7 years then it turned into gallstone pancreatitis which is what put me in ER January of 2020
Oh my ! I hope you feel better soon.
🌺

Oh my ! I hope you feel better soon.
🌺
its funny it started after a torn disc in my back, i would get a little nausea, my doc said go on a low residue diet, i ate rice chex 3 times a day yogurt banana cream of wheat or pasta, i was drinking lactaid milk as i was told i was lactose intolerant, never heard of such a thing lol, but i figured milk was ok as long as no lactose, over the next few months my pains on my left side would not stop, they would get better then worse then better then worse, finally on my own i decided maybe im dairy intolerant, so i stopped all dairy, was like night and day, no im eating pasta and sauce turkey sandwhichs smothered in ketchup and mustard, turkey burgers, vanilla wafers, all kinds of stuff and those pains are gone except my lower left flank pain it has not changed in the slightest. i asked one of my previous gastro docs why nobody was doing and tests for stuff after my GB failed, he said sorry he just missed it, i said is it me? what am i doing wrong why would i get ignored stating i been in pain for over 7 years, he said its not me he assumed other folks had done some testing i have no lower right sided pain at all, they said a have a singular erosion in my terminal ileum, they sent out for biopsy. did you have pains in your guts also and where were they?

ok i heard back from the hospital with my biopsy results, it came back as benign, i am assuming that means they have no idea why i have a erosion in my terminal ileum? anyone have any ideas? from what i have read i think that means crohns is probly not the cause but they dont know what is the cause? anyone ever had results back like this? what does it mean?

Honey

Staff member
Hi there, glad that it doesn't seem to be Crohns , but hope they find an answer soon to your concerns.
I hope you feel better soon as you have had a lot of tests, and that is not pleasant either.
Do watch your diet as some food can irritate the tummy. I know I have to avoid rich gravies or creamy sauces . Best wishes.

so its been almost 5 weeks since my colonoscopy and i have not heard from my Gastro Doc? is that normal? should he be trying to figure this out?

I live in the USA.
I get my results fairly quickly.
I've never waited 5 weeks.
I live in NYS maybe its not the USA anymore lol, this isnt normal i can assume, Im not sure what to do other than go find another stomach doc, holy crap i dont want to have to go through all this testing again. they can transfer records right?

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Crabi - I'm in NY too!! :):). If nothing abnormal was found, they won't do anything until you have a regular appointment...I'm going through this myself, Dr found a hiatal hernia and gave no information - when I called the office I was told I needed to discuss things at my next appointment.....frustrating I know.....

It’s very frustrating, I went from 200lbs to 116lbs have pain in my left side for about 7 years can’t eat much food and still have no answers, I honestly think it’s NY, I think I may need to find a doc in another state to get help, 7 years of pain sometimes nausea, and I can’t eat most foods I hope you have better luck, kinda cool having someone in NY respond, at least I’m not alone lol