• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Scottish Crohn’s misery!

Hi.
I hit 50 years old this year.
In Jan 2020 I was diagnosed with Crohn’s disease after emergency surgery, lost my appendix too but could have lost my life, so not all bad.
Treated initially with 150mg of Azathioprine (starting at 50), that wasn’t settling things so decision made to go for dual treatment adding Adalimumab injection every 2 weeks.
Not great now mostly controlled, but as I’ve said in another thread feeling whacked for nearly 3 days following my injection, some days so tired I struggle to function.
Sleeping is my new hobby.
Nice to say hello.

Hi.
I hit 50 years old this year.
In Jan 2020 I was diagnosed with Crohn’s disease after emergency surgery, lost my appendix too but could have lost my life, so not all bad.
Treated initially with 150mg of Azathioprine (starting at 50), that wasn’t settling things so decision made to go for dual treatment adding Adalimumab injection every 2 weeks.
Not great now mostly controlled, but as I’ve said in another thread feeling whacked for nearly 3 days following my injection, some days so tired I struggle to function.
Sleeping is my new hobby.
Nice to say hello.
'Feeling tired', it is the enemy for me!!!
Often my mom, who also suffers from crohns+multiple surgery, gets tired... (She is a super hyper person)
Sleep really is great for repairing.... Not so much wen u have stuff you are passionate on doin!As there is sooo much i am trying to do in life, im trying to battle through, Possibly to my own fault...
So i can definitely relate to - wanting sleep. NEEDING sleep. It is one of those areas where there is a big 'Question mark' in the notebook, as ways to balance and integrate arent yet clearly defined.