• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Side effects of Entyvio?

My son who is 16 just had his 3rd Entyvio infusion. After the first infusion his only complaint was moderate back pain like between his shoulder blades. After the second infusion it was back pain in the same spot and a bad headache like a migraine. Now it is 4 days after his 3rd infusion and it is back pain and headache and stomach pain(but I think that could be because he is only on 25mg of Prednisone right now and the Entyvio just now has got enough in his system to start working). I was wondering if anyone else has had these same side effects and should I be really concerned?

He has done remicade, humira, methotrexate, 6mp, leukine, pentasa. No major problems with entyvio so far but back pain and headache.

I was wondering if anyone else has had these same side effects
I had 3 Entyvio infusions by now, and after every one of them I had severe headache, following night if infusion took place in the morning or whole next day after evening infusion. So I'm pretty sure next infusion also will be followed by headache.

Tylenol (paracetamol) helped a little, but not completely.

Actually even before Entyvio I usually had headaches one or few times a month, so I'm pretty used to it, though usually with casual headache Tylenol helped.. And with my prior migraine experience Entyvio headaches could by endured, if only Entyvio started to work..

All the best wishes to your son and you!

Last edited: