• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Sometimes being mom sucks

how am I supposed to plan and cook dinner when I feel like this?!

Just feel like whining.

I probably won't even eat any of it. :thumbdown:

Options.... ( I say all this jokingly) this is a list of my standard replies to my group....
1) tell family fridg e has not moved, it's the big white thing in kitchen. Most off the time food is in there, knock themselves out!!
2) McDonald's is down the road. Help yourself.
3) I make what I can eat... cup a soup, toast. If they don't like that see option 1
All joking aside it is hard to cook when you have no energy, not hungry, & hurting. Hope I at least made u smile.
Whoops!

I deal with this too and I only have a 2 year old. But my husband works when I don't so I'm exhausted a lot. It's easy meals a lot or crock pot meals. I try not to feel guilty if we have an easy day in the house where mom turns on music so my son can dance and I watch and cheer him on lol

If it makes you feel better I'm a Mom of three beautiful girls and through the years somehow my love for them always gave me strength. And when you don't feel great, order a pizza if you can.

Oh, that is hard. I do a handful of meals on rotation so I don't have to think if I'm exhausted. Taught the kids to make smoothies in a bullet blender if they need a snack. Keep frozen pizza and lasagna in the freezer. Bag salad. Frozen veggies. Bake enough chicken breast on a good night to cover three meals. Same with baked potatoes (cook a bunch at the same time as chicken ).
Keep soup in the cupboard for yourself or Ensure or what you can handle.
I truly feel terrible for you!

I know exactly how you feel! I have 4 kids and sometimes all I want to do is throw a tantrum like my three year old does, because I have to cook meals I can't even eat and then sit and watch them enjoy it while I just sip my ensure and nibble my rice bubbles. Grr. For that reason I like to keep a few things in the cupboard or fridge that are mine and mine only lol selfish ay ;)

I appreciate all the kind words... my guts really rioted last wednesday and i went to emergency. Since then hubs has been doing all the cooking. Got my colonoscopy moved up to Wednesday and they added an egd so hopefully will get answers soon.