• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Undiagnosed Club Support Group

I just got word that the insurance company denied the pill cam authorization again. Reason given is that my symptoms don't include GI bleeding so they deem it "experimental or investigational." Very frustrated! I just sent my GI doctor an email letting him know and asking what else we can do. He really likes to do the pill cam because it can see the intestinal wall on the inside whereas everything else just looks for narrowing and inflammation (CTE and MRE). Not sure what's next from here. I really hate my insurance. Stupid HMOs.

cmack

Staff member
I hope things work out for you soon, MissLeopard. People just don't get what we have to deal with, so unfair. Big hugs buddy. Talk to me any time if you need to vent or just to have a chat to take your mind off things.

-C