• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Update on bev......not good

Hi Brittany. I am so sorry to hear about Bev's passing. I have only been part of the CF family for a short time, but when I first joined Bev was really helpful in getting me in my right mind for Crohn's. She is a sweet spirit and will be greatly missed here.

i'm sending a condolence card to Bev's family from all of us here at Crohn's Forum. just wanted to let you all know.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEV!!! WE MISS YOU SO VERY MUCH

Thank you for being our angel and watching over all of us...
lots of love
Rosemary

Bev, you have been a great support for me. When everyone else was asleep you were still there and we could chat. You have my love, my heart, and at the moment my tears as well. I wish you safe journeys and passage from here. Thank you for posting the updates, the news makes me sad cos Bev was a wonderful online friend.

Last edited:
makes me sad to think about how this all unfolded....
doctors would not listen to her or her family....
I think of her often and she taught me much.

:(

Does anyone still think about Bev? I find myself thinking about her often when I am on the forums. She always gave such great support and was always cheerful. I know it has been a long time, but I thought it would be nice take a minute and remember her.

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
I'm constantly reminded of her. I cried when I heard of her passing and keep her passing as a reminder to myself and others (in and outside of this forum) to never let even the smallest symptom go unchecked and to never just "live with it." I spoke to Bev on Facebook when she first went to the hospital and she told me that she waited to have some things checked out and I wished her the best and kept her company as did many others on the forum. She was never alone, I know that.

Her passing is the main reason why I almost left the forum because I realized that this is a huge possibility when you're dealing with everyone on the forum suffering from a potentially deadly illness. I asked myself if I was strong enough to keep taking hits of people I've grown close to dying on the forum. My first thought was no but after having some time to think and grieve, I decided that there are still a lot of people out there that need help and support. I came on this forum while in remission, not because I had questions or needed help, but because I was looking for other people like me, who understand me and what I've gone through. I found a place full of different people with unfortunate common ground. Bev was a wonderful person and helped me realize how strong we all are to keep coming here even though the possibility of death is always there.

There are other people who left the forum without much of a word to everyone else and I really do hope that they are all doing well. I hope everyone on here gets well and stays well.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
I think about Bev often and miss her dearly, hence why I wrote this not a week ago...

One more to mention just now. I know you won't see this but maybe you will. :wink: We joined the forum around the same time and we became good friends even though a vast ocean divided us. Miss you mate...MisB.
Dusty. x:heart:x:heart:x

I missed that post Dusty! :)

I really love this forum and the company that we have here. Crabby, I agree with you, it is hard to grow so fond of people and some pass on and then others you just don't hear from again. However, I do think that the bonds that we tend to make with people on here are very much worth it! It is so nice to be able to have support and to give support to people who truly know how you feel and what is going on. It means a lot to just have people out there that we look forward to hearing from and you know you'll get support or advice without judgment or ridicule.

I'm sure Bev is up there looking after everyone!

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hey Bev...:bigwave:

Still think of you everyday...:hug:...so much has happened since your passing and I often wish you had been here to share it with. :heart:

Miss you, :(
Dusty. xxx

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
I just saw that this thread had been bumped up. It made me sad but also glad in a way, glad that we can keep Bev's memory alive. I joined the forum right around the same time as MisB (and Dusty too) and she was always so nice to me. Such a sweet lady, what a shame she had to leave us so soon.