• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

What are you eating right now?

BBQ chicken, rice pilaf and braised carrots for dinner. I'm struggling a little since my GI doc put me on the low FODMAP diet - combined with the low fiber/residue diet I already eat for a stricture. Eating used to be so easy and now I have to think about everything that goes in. And still pain! But dinner was delicious!

I just cooked what I think are the best scrambled eggs of my life. Scrambled dry and a little gritty in my cast iron skillet, just how I like it. Spiced with garlic, sea salt, and ground black peppercorns. Mixed with pickled carrots and habaneros pickled in my secret pickling mix (teasers, it also has garlic/cinnamon added and the habaneros and carrots are pickled together in it and is insanely dill) along with actual dill pickles from pickling mixture. And finally topped with yellow mustard and Blair's Megadeath hot sauce. It was sour and spicy enough to get five stars from both of us and chase Lithium out of the bedroom with the capsaicin fumes. It was just crunchy and grindy enough to be pleasant and the sheer assault of sour and peppercorns masked the heat until it sucker punched you about a minute later.

Dang, that all sounds good except the sucker punch part!

I'm proud to say I've had a lot of bone broth this week and am feeling better than I have in a month! Except I had ice cream for dinner.

If you've got the gumption I wholly recommend pickling your own pickles and other veggies and fruits. They can have boatloads more character because you can add your own spices. It's also a fun little hobby. :)

Home made Chicken and Veggie soup and some lacto-fermented bananas (my favorite).

Eat what you love and love what you eat, because tomorrow it may try to kill you.

Steamed broccoli, asparagus, cauliflower, and acorn squash and a small chicken breast grill. Healthy ... ask me later about the gas lol.