• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

What does remission feel like?

I'm pretty new to all this. But I've had a really
Good week. Pain is very little and the amount
Of bathroom trips has reduced. I've been on
Encort for awhile I started to taper down.
So I guess my question is ( could this be remission?)
Do u have to be off steriods to be considered
In remission. I don't want to get my hopes
Up.. But I haven't felt this good in awhile even have
Some energy. I know it's only been 5-6 days
Just hopeful I guess..

I'm pretty new to all this. But I've had a really
Good week. Pain is very little and the amount
Of bathroom trips has reduced. I've been on
Encort for awhile I started to taper down.
So I guess my question is ( could this be remission?)
Do u have to be off steriods to be considered
In remission. I don't want to get my hopes
Up.. But I haven't felt this good in awhile even have
Some energy. I know it's only been 5-6 days
Just hopeful I guess..
you are in the beginning stages of remission. Continue taking your medications as prescribed no matter how good you feel. Also, dont get greedy and go on an eating binge.

SarahBear

Hi, mere! :)

You could definitely be on your way to remission. I agree that it's best not to get your hopes up, but don't dwell on the negative either - just try to take things as they come and enjoy the good days you're having.

:hug: I hope things continue to go well for you!

For my 17 year old son, remission means a moderate appetite and only occasional difficulty pooping (either feeling exhausted afterwards, or he sees food in his stool) occasional aches and pains here and there and s-l-o-w weight gain. He feels good most of the time, but not great, not like a normal 17 year old. Before he was diagnosed, he suffered from constipation and exhaustion, not diarrhea.