• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

What's your theory on how you got Crohn's Disease?

I fell on some ice and landed straight on my bottom back in Feb and I started getting pains in my stomach a couple of hours later on! I still think it was a coincidence

but................... what with being in hospital with the same pains in 1997 and having Peritinitus and spending 4mths in hospital im now thinking that maybe this was the start of it all, as over the years I have had numerous pains and other things that I suffer from now!

I have no history of genetic issues and have always been the super healthy and never sick. We have a dairy farm and thus we have had some cows with johne's disease and it has very similar symptoms although it always causes death in cattle and other animals it affects. It usually is acquired at birth and then is carried for several years before it occurs and stress, such as calving, is usually a trigger. I feel that this could be a very likely cause of some crohn's disease. I feel that it is different causes for different people and its not just one thing. I think for some people it is auto-immune, others a pathogen. The one thing I can link to a trigger is that right before the D started I felt that I was getting strep throat and I pulled a couple cc's of penicillin out of a bottle and shot it down my throat for 3 days and got over the sore throat, but started on the D soon after and it never quit. I have often wondered if I just upset the balance of bacteria in my gut with the pen and it caused a chronic fight in my gut that never could resolve itself. Since the pen is meant to be injected, it has a much different carrier than an oral solution and thus would not be as readily absorbed in the gut and would stay there passing through. Oh well, just my theories. Who knows?

My son seemed to have most of the exposures so hard to tell if it is all or just some of these:
he drank about 6 glasses a milk everyday
prophylactic antibiotic for bacteria meningitis: 5 months prior to symptoms
tick exposure / high fever: 4 months prior to symptoms
some stressful issues with older brother months before symptoms
stainless steel braces put on: seems to be right when symptoms slowly began
lots of aleve to help with mouth pain due to braces
bronchitis and anitbiotics: 2 months after braces put on, symptoms began full force

(removing braces after 5 months cleared up the constant stomatitis)
status: still sick 2 years later ... have not found any treatment to get remission

Last edited:
Accutane --possibly...

I took Accutane for adult acne about 10 years ago. I see commercials for lawsuits on TV, but I don't qualify since a) I don't have an official diagnoses and b) you have to be diagnosed within 5 years of taking Accutane.

I have always said:
"If it were not for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all"

Crohn's is just one of those unlucky things in life. But it could be worse and there are people out there much worse off than me. So I can't complain to much.

This thread was a really interesting read.

My mother was diagnosed with spastic colon when she was a child and went through a whole slew of examinations and treatments. I have a second cousin who also has CD and an uncle who has MS, another fun and exciting auto-immune disease/disorder.

I've always been a high stress individual, even as a child, for various reasons. I had all sorts of stomach issues growing up and even symptoms back then (JRA, constant D, etc) but wasn't diagnosed with CD until just before I turned 25.

I tend to think, like most things, it's a combination of genetics and environment. And in certain situations, everyone gets sick, some of us just get sicker than others. As if, everyone has some form of IBS when they get stressed, they get sick. But depending on their genetics, they get sick for a couple of days with IBS or for the rest of their life with something like Crohn's.

-Kathryn

I've got a lot of respect for nature and I wonder if the ways and means in which we are tampering with our food and water, not to mention all the electronics around us now isn't a factor? Think about how we farm and what goes into our food that we don't know about.... I don't know about you but I can't recognise most of the items that are listed on packaged foods! Surely all those chemicals have to be bad for us. I find it interesting that this disease seems to be becoming more and more common.

Interesting post, I only have U C and I can't stop thinking it all started when I had a kidney stone about 9 years ago, they used to xray my lower end like there was no tomorrow and I said at the time that I thought x rays should be kept to a minimum.

It was also pretty stressful too as they made a cock up with an op that put me in IT i was off work for months.

I also moved abroad to two different countries within a few years of each other, that's stressful too, who knows?

I guess we will all never know for sure.

I have absolutely no idea how I got crohn's. I have two sisters, one has crohn's, one doesn't. I thought my sis said something about breast feeding and crohn's. or was that breast feeding and iq? see...I am still confused, haha!

I have absolutely no idea how I got crohn's. I have two sisters, one has crohn's, one doesn't. I thought my sis said something about breast feeding and crohn's. or was that breast feeding and iq? see...I am still confused, haha!
Breastfeeding lowers the chances of developing IBD later in life. There is some studies that suggest its good for IQ as well. It was a big reason why I breastfed my DD. Its really good for a babies intestinal health and it encourages healthy gut flora.

Hi guys
I always look back to when i got sick at 15 and remember what i used to eat and cringe. lots of fat, lots of of carbohydrate, salt, meat, and LOTS of chocolate (which not makes we very ill i had 4 lindor chocs and xmas and had a headache (etc..:() all boxing day. I also drank lots of vodka (teenage rebellion). I have always been a bit of a worrier but I dont remember being particularly worried it was near my GCSE's so maybe I was more worried than I remember.
Now I know I have crohns my family keep coming out with stories about all the stomach problems boths sides of my family has. my bro has crohns, my cousin on my dads side and my mums for instance! i didnt stand a chance!
the ibrofen comments are interesting! i will advise my family who are well to stay away from it!
lizzy

DustyKat

Super Moderator
I don't know with Roo. I can't dismiss the hereditary factor even though it is somewhat distant, just too much of a coincidence as far as I'm concerned.
Posted that back in June. Now that Matt has CD as well I'm 100% convinced in our case that it is hereditary!

Dusty. :)

stress, over use of antibiotics, inoculations, smoking, diet

This is a great question and really interesting to read. Thank you everyone for sharing. I recently had a stem cell transplant for my crohn's (100% crohn's free now) and before it I listened to a lecture from UCLA where they have found 23 genetic markers for crohn's disease and have also narrowed the catalyst down to a combination of stress, over use of antibiotics, over use of NSAIDS (Aspirin type drugs), inoculations, diet, smoking. The theory is that as a country becomes more industrialized it also becomes more sterile. We begin to eat more processed foods which lack the natural enzymes, probiotics, and useful parasites (hookworms as an example)sterilizing the gut. This creates an unhealthy gut environment where a person with the genetic predisposition for crohn's comes into contact with a combination of the catalysts I listed before causing the immune system to get out of whack. This is why there is not just one cause. As I reflect on my life with crohn's I can see that this theory fits perfectly. I started having symptoms at 10 years old. I was a latch key kid and made most of my own meals which always consisted of some form of processed food from a box or can. There were days where I would eat sugar cereal for all three meals. I was also a very sickly kid always taking antibiotics and over the counter drugs for this and that. On top of this it was the year my parents got divorced which was the most stressful and unhappy period of my life.

By the way, I did a video blog of my entire stem cell transplant journey, which started in may of 2010, if anyone is interested in watching it. like I said before, I am now 100% crohn's free and feel amazing. I will share the url with you all once I have met the 15 posting requirement. God bless you all.

I am still trying to work out how I came to get this condition. No family history of Crohn's or any other bowel or stomach conditions. I always ate relatively healthy (compared to my brother), did lots of exercise and was never sick ever, not even a cold.

Apart from a period of doxycyline (not sure if there is a connection) I never had a problem until it hit me out of the blue about 18 months ago. Had exploratory surgery but no treatment then had an abscess drained but still no treatment as no one was sure what was wrong with me at that time.

Took a further 6 months before I had a pill cam and commened medication. In that 6 months of no treatment plus a further 12 months now of treatment, I still have not even had a cold, no crohn's stymtons apart from B12 & Iron deficiency, but apart from that I feel just as good as I ever did.

I am thinking in my case I might have an extremely high immune system and my bowel started attacking itself with the inflammation. My immune stystem still seems to be fairly high despite the immune suppressors.

This is such a strange disease and affects everyone so differently, no wonder doctors have so much trouble trying to find what causes the disease and what treatment will work as it is different for everybody.

Apart from a period of doxycyline (not sure if there is a connection)
A few people have mentioned antibiotics, especially the tetracyclines (eg minocycline & doxycycline) so thought I'd point out this article

Potential Association Between the Oral Tetracycline Class of Antimicrobials Used to Treat Acne and Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Am J Gastroenterol 2010; 105:2610–2616; doi:10.1038/ajg.2010.303; published online 10 August 2010

which concludes:

Tetracycline class antibiotics, and particularly doxycycline use may be associated with the development of IBD, particularly CD. Potential confounding by previous doxycycline exposure should be considered when assessing whether treatment with other acne medications increases the risk of IBD.
I stand by my previous statement though, that while I don't think you can get IBD from environmental issues or antibiotics, I do believe it may bring it to the surface in susceptible people, who may well have developed it later in life without that trigger.

Last edited:
The Doxy pack actually has a warning about possibly causing IBD but since the GP that prescribed it didnt mention it I didnt see a cause for concern at the time. I have never taken any other antibiotics and with no other obvious cause I think in my case it may have been a contributing factor.

I think genetics is the main factor. After all, billiions have had long courses of NSAIDS, anti-biotics, drank alot of milk, and you'd be hard pressed to find a kid that hasn't eaten junk food, without any ill effects.

If these things were triggers then we must have a genetic predisposition to this illness. That's my current theory anyway!

Genes can often throw back to generations before in terms of hair colour etc, so for those that don't have a family history, it may be that the current family history doesn't have IBD in. We all come from a looooong line! I have a very little irish blood in me for example, but my colouring is dark hair and pale skin, so much so that when I was little, a school nurse told my Mum I looked just like the girls at the Catholic school.

Last edited:
StarGirrrrl,

You are spot on with genetics being the main factor. Like you stated, some genetic traits can lay dormant for generations before they raise their head. Like I wrote before, they have found 23 genetic markers that in combination are found in crohn's patients 7 of those are shared with UC patients. This is exciting news as they are now starting to be able to classify the many different types and degrees of crohn's enabling them to pinpoint effective treatment case by case.

Now that we are nearly 100% sure that it is genetic and is triggered by a combination of environmental catalyst we can determine that there will never be a full blown cure for the disease outside of having a stem cell transplant which resets the immune system. After, all you cannot change your genetic code. What we should be focusing most of our attention on is identifying these environmental catalyst and learn to avoid and protect ourselves from them.

I dont blame genetis, do you think they had crohns back in the old days? I find it funny how IBS is on the rise now. I blame the junk food and milk. When I say junk food, I am not only associating it to candy or mcdonalds.

I dont blame genetis, do you think they had crohns back in the old days? I find it funny how IBS is on the rise now. I blame the junk food and milk. When I say junk food, I am not only associating it to candy or mcdonalds.
I think that is a very healthy way to approach this youssef. We cannot blame our genetics because, simply put, it wouldn't do any good to focus on something that we have no control over and we cannot change. We need to focus on changing the dietary culture and also a culture that turns to a pill or antibiotics for remedial health issues. I know people that have taken z-pacs of antibiotics for the common cold and we wonder why there are more and more antibiotic resistant bugs. I firmly believe that if we change our eating habits as a nation we will watch the autoimmune disease, cancer, heart disease, diabetes numbers plummet. I am currently rereading a brilliant book titled "The China Study" which is the worlds longest study of the correlation between diet and disease. The findings are astonishing! I'll do a thread about it as soon as I finish reading it again.

my grandma that i never knew died of bowel trouble my mum was 2, my sister died of bowel cancer and 8 months later mum had bowel cancer managing to hav the all clear after 5 years. i suffered about 20years ago for years having sickness and diahorra being told its food posioning, having being rushed into hospital 5 years ago they opened me up and found nothing 18mths later back in hospital and they took 6inches of bowel away saying it was a hernia, was diagnosed in july last year and i defo a stressful person,
had problems at home this weekend and do my guts ache yes bad. so stress certainly does not help the condition

The problem with that is the medical understanding was not there until recently. I mean women used to be laced up in corsets and Drs did not know why so many had problems with fainting! Seems really silly to us now but then they just didn't have the knowledge.

Im not saying the modern diet is blame free (I certainly have many issues withb it myself), but say a hundred years ago IBS or IBD was not understood as such, they would have called these problems a weak constitution, or a sensitive digestion, blame it on a stomach ulcer, or the poor hygeine standard then. We have no way of knowing what was IBD and what wasn't. It's impossible to say when it first started.

Did IBS rise because more people developed it? Or because our understanding and the naming of it evolved? How many people before the term was born had the same symptoms? Hope you are following me lol!

I see in the media too that IBS cases are rising, but we don't have an accurate yardstick to my mind to measure against. For all we know 1,000 years ago, every other person had IBS! We don't have 2,000 years of factual medical data with which to compare sadly, we can only go on say the last 50 years that we know and compare it with that.

Last edited:
The problem with that is the medical understanding was not there until recently. I mean women used to be laced up in corsets and Drs did not know why so many had problems with fainting! Seems really silly to us now but then they just didn't have the knowledge.

Im not saying the modern diet is blame free (I certainly have many issues withb it myself), but say a hundred years ago IBS or IBD was not understood as such, they would have called these problems a weak constitution, or a sensitive digestion, blame it on a stomach ulcer, or the poor hygeine standard then. We have no way of knowing what was IBD and what wasn't. It's impossible to say when it first started.

Did IBS rise because more people developed it? Or because our understanding and the naming of it evolved? How many people before the term was born had the same symptoms? Hope you are following me lol!

I see in the media too that IBS cases are rising, but we don't have an accurate yardstick to my mind to measure against. For all we know 1,000 years ago, every other person had IBS! We don't have 2,000 years of factual medical data with which to compare sadly, we can only go on say the last 50 years that we know and compare it with that.
I definitely follow your train of thought and I think you make a great point but we must also keep in mind that modern science does not find IBD in undeveloped countries, it is purely found in industrialized nations. So what makes us different from them?

You may argue that they don't find it there because those people in undeveloped countries don't have access to quality health care that would accurately diagnose the IBD. I believe there is some truth to that but the medical research community is specifically looking for cases in these countries which leads me to believe that if it is there it is in a very, very small percentage if at all.

So again I ask what is the difference between us and undeveloped countries? One thing that has been discovered is the relationship of over sterilizing our environments and guts to IBD. We use to live symbiotically with our environment including benign parasites like hookworms but as a country becomes more industrialized it becomes more sterile and these relationships are wiped out.

There was a very interesting study I read out of The University of Wisconsin, I believe, that was studying the introduction of hookworms into the digestive tracks of Crohn's patients and how something like 80% went into complete remission.

Also undeveloped countries for the most part eat fresh food with little to no preservatives and little to no processing. Undeveloped countries cannot take antibiotics every time they have a sniffle like our modern doctors prescribe. All of these things attribute to sterilizing the gut. Refined sugar, processed breads/pastas, NSAIDS, Antibiotics, all sterilize the gut knocking our harmonious gut environment out of whack making us with the lucky gene sequence for crohn's open to getting the disease. It is a very complex problem but basically it boils down to the simple fact that mother nature does not like to be messed with and by adding and over indulging in all of these luxuries to our lives we are actually bringing it all upon ourselves.

I agree with the both of you. There has to be links to cleanliness and the over protective measures countries like canada, the us, britian.... take to prevent illness. Howecer I very much agree with starrgirl that we have no way of knowing how many cases of crohns there were even 100 years ago as (if the sufferer even said anything) would be passed off as something minor.

I believe though crohnies have predisposed genes (maybe due to the hyper cleanliness?) and some sort of trigger starts it. Howver thats just my opinion based on personal experience. I can point to the exact time and day it started an it was one of the most stressful in my entire life.

Here's my list:
  • genetic predisposition
  • environment too sterile
  • too many antibiotics (like in hand-soap) and NSAIDs
  • stress (which is known to affect the immune system)
  • too many chemicals in food & environment that screw up the immune system
  • an infection triggers the damaged immune system, which goes into overdrive
From an early age, I never really liked to play in dirt. I often wonder if I didn't get enough bacteria, so my immune system didn't get enough bugs to work against. So it turned to the next best thing (me).

Sandy

Ian

Probably a genetic predisposition (even though no one in my family has CD or ANY kind of digestive problems), triggered by stress, depression and poor diet.

I went to University at Exeter and HATED it; big change, away from home, struggling to make good friends (Exeter attracts a 'type' - if anyone knows a 'sloan' is, it's bloody full of 'em!) and therefore sturggling to settle down in general, plus the stress of work which is a big step-up from A Levels. I was also in catered halls and the food was DIRE, so I was constantly resorting to take aways and eating really badly. I think it all contributed.

Despite hating it, I did finish, but I was constantly down and battling with illness while doing assignments, and didn't get out of it what I wanted. So I went to Uni again, this time at Bournemouth, and it's great! I'm good at finding silver linings, and I think if I'd never developed CD I'd never have gone to B'mouth :)

:banana::banana:This is my theory.

We have a genetic predisposition to this disease. Then, something happens: times of great stress: you get headaches, muscle pain, so you turn to something like ibuprohen which is horrible for the gut. Under stress you turn to comfort foods that are full of preservatives which are also horrible for the gut.

You develop anxiety, panic disorder, which brings more stress. Then, the combination 'turns on' the gene for Crohn's.

I'll bet most of us are 'sensitive' people. We are creative, emotionally charged, and more than likely have type A personalities. We are the 'fixers' of the universe until Crohn's teaches us how to lean upon others for help.

Eh, at least it's better than some theories I've run across.

Mine is definatly heireditory (sp). My mum has had it for over 30 years, and her dad had colitis.

Im convinced (and doc/consultant) have said that it was due to going onto the pill, and soon after i went on it, i also ended up with blood clots in my leg. So all in all, my body just let it take over

I believe that I got Crohns because my mom put a curse on me when I was little. I believe she told me I was going to get a terrible bellyache if I didn't quit sneaking cookies into my bed at night. It worked and know I'll never eat cookies again.

Seriously, I'm not sure I have a set theory of why. If I did it would be stress. Suffered from panic attacks and anxiety attacks.

StarGirrrrl,

Now that we are nearly 100% sure that it is genetic and is triggered by a combination of environmental catalyst we can determine that there will never be a full blown cure for the disease outside of having a stem cell transplant which resets the immune system.

Now, that scares the crap--no pun intended...out of me!!!

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
It seems like so many said stress. I too would think stress caused my CD, however, when I was diagnosed it was one of the least stressful points in my life. I was completely stressed out in college being obsessed with keeping my 4.0. And my first few years teaching in very demanding school districts were even more stressful. But when I was diagnosed a few months ago, I was in my third year of my low stress desk job and everything was going wonderfully at home. You think if it was stress, my CD would have made itself known during college or while I was teaching, right?
The only other thing that comes to mind is my high fiber diet. After I got married, I gained almost 30lbs thanks to really bad eating habits (I tried to keep up with my husband's unhealthy habits, which, of course, don't affect his weight). So, in the summer of 2009, I started working out and eating really healthy including lots of fruits, vegetables, and anything with high fiber. I even was mixing a fiber supplement in with water. I lost all the weight, but I think the drastic change in my diet could have caused my CD to develop (diagnosed July 2010).

My daugher has Colitis and my mom and sister Diverticulitis. Several other members of my family have Colitis and Crohn's.

I STILL think that we are beautiful, talented, sensitive people and as such, are more prone to the disease. Okay, maybe not, but it's nice to think that.

Louann

AndiGirl

Your Story Forum Monitor
I think mine is less exciting. My grandfather had Crohn's. My brother has it, and we think our father has it. I guess I got lucky.

I would say mine is down to an accumulation of things, mainly a bad diet in my younger teenage years, too many energy drinks & fizzy pop, and I'm sure stress fits into there somewhere too.

This is so interesting...
I believe stress and pain killers were the triggers for me, I am a real worrier and get so stressed (about almost everything) and looking back now on periods when I would have been worried / stressed about something I also remember the stomach cramps that came with it.

I also suffer from headaches ++ and synus pain which I used to take a soluble pain killer called "solpadine" for (a lot) I feel that the chrons was there for a long time but taking the solpadine triggered it / made it worse, it was during taking these that the chrons symptoms, d and weight loss, began in earnest!!! There are some pain killers that I cannot take now at all but unfortunately it took me a while and a few sleepless nights to figure that one out!
No one in my family has been diagnosed with chrons (that I know of) but 2 of my brothers have mentioned in the last few months that they have symptoms similar to mine.

Sinead

I believe it is a combination of things that run your immune system into the ground. There are as many different combinations as there are people with bowel disorders. I think its stress, diet, lack of sleep, all the things we put into our bodies and then you add our gentic predisposition of a lousy immune system.... Just my personal opinion though.

I am about 80% certain my crohns came from when I took a kayaking trip to mexico and one day I had the worst food poisoning I've ever had in my life. Up until that point, I have never felt sicker in my life.

In hindsight, I've experienced minor symptoms ever since that time for the next two years which culminated in a massive flare up 2.5 years later. Hit me like a truck, I'm still convinced that I picked up some sort of bacteria down there.

I'd say stress, and possibly a bout of food poisoning I had a few months before my symptoms became noticeable. I also wonder if the many antibiotics I was on for acne as a teenager had anything to do with it, but of course that's just purely unfounded speculation.

I know that for me the genetic predisposition was there. Both my parents have crohns and several other family members do as well. My siblings all have other gut issues. As far as what triggered the diagnosing flare? Stress most likely, but I always had gut issues since I was a kid.

Mine was definately stress, stress and more stress. I have two daughters a year apart that hit their teen years at the same time and custody battles with their dad. Shew I didn't think I would survive it! I also took lots and lots of Ibuprofin. As for the hereditary thing I don't know if I believe it. There are too many people that have this that have absolute no family history. Although my family does have a long history of colon cancer..mom, gran and great gran. But my crohns is in my small bowel. So I don't think it is hereditary.

the funny thing about suggesting a potential family genetic link, is that it is the strength of our family that is so strongly related to our perception of stress, if their is something wrong with the family system, its very likely you could find similar physical changes in other family members, it has been documented that intestinal permeability precedes crohn's symptoms, and also has been documented that stress can affect intestinal permeability. As far as the evidence exists i remember from genetic studys, only one third of all ibd cases may be linked to a genetic component. this suggests more environmental factors which are stronger then genetic risks.

i also see may people claim ibuprofin to be involved, and ibuprofin also has the ability to affect intestinal permeability.

I got mine as a result of an infection. In fact I think I still have that virus inside me and it just won't go away.

for me it was stress and malnutrition, I started having flares when I was 11. My parents got a divorce when I was 8 years old. My father was really violent and I was left to live with him. SO with me it was stress every day when I knew he was coming home In was terrified of him. He got an 18 year old gf that never wanted to cook so at 8 I had to make my own meals because my father was never there in the day. So it was Kraft dinner and canned soup most of the time.

So for me it's stress and bad food.

Well, I think it is a foolish assumption to believe genetics are not involved in Crohn's disease. Genetics is a well established arm of biology and the entire human genome has been sequenced. For those who are interested, there are recent studies which isolated genes suspected to be indicated in Crohn's disease, which include, but may not be limited to, NOD2, TNFSF15, ATG16L1, IRGM and IL23R.

Citation;citation;citation;citation;citation;citation;

Some of these genes are involved in the production of certain proteins with are subsequently involved with immune function, more specifically, inflammation. Mutations or alteration in these genes paves the way for the cells in the gut, responsible for the inflammatory process, to not function properly and can lead to chronic inflammation.

To say no genetics is involved in Crohn's is asinine. Genetic susceptibility plays a role in the pathogenesis of every single disease known to man. Your genes determine what diseases you are "weak" against, what you are "strong" against and what you may be "neutral" to. Surely, everybody has heard of the straw-man argument: "Person A smoked from age 10 and never got heart disease, cancer, or had a stroke and lived until s/he was 90". They then use that line of thinking to conclude that disease prevalence is random and they will smoke as they see fit (which is their free choice). They fail to take in to account the truck load of scientific journals documenting the increase in susceptibility to the diseases named above, from smoking.

Just as our genes determine the colour of our eyes or hair, our skin colour or bone structure, they also determine what diseases we may get. Another arm of biology, gene therapy, is based on the assumption that gene alteration can change disease state.

People are often ignorant to the scientific discoveries and disciplines that exist and form unfounded opinions based on their limited knowledge of human physiology and biochemistry, and that is their right for which they should not be critisised. It is also very common for people to make assumptions about their disease based on cause and effect of any given substance. For example "I ate this food for the first time and developed Crohn's disease" or "I took anti-biotics and developed Crohn's disease" or even "I was highly stressed over a bereavement". While these are not causative agents in and of themselves, they certainly can be triggers of the immune response that is seen in this type of disease and there exists many such factors, not all of which may be accounted for.

To summarise; regardless of what may have triggered your disease, be it stress or drugs or foods, that particular trigger was not the cause. Genetic weakness to Crohn's disease is determined at birth and early life, where the immune system is still developing and where mutations and alterations can happen which may not present themselves for years, or at all for that matter. Having mutations is the genes mentioned does not mean you are going to get Crohn's disease, it means your susceptibility is increased.

And if it just so happens that Crohn's is caused by a specific and currently unrecognised pathogen, then all of the above is still true. It would just mean that the genetic susceptibility of Crohn's was a weakness of the immune system to that specific pathogen.

Thank for reading,

G

Last edited:
Yeh, stress. When I was diagnosed I had just had three babies in a row and we had moved in with my inlaws, my husband was trying to find a job and really I had lived under stressful conditions all my life which I never had any outlet for. I just kept it all inside. That is the only thing for me and maybe genetics. I have a cousin with Lupus and my daughter is now being tested for CD also. My Dad has always had digestive problems but never diagnosed. Funny thing though, I was eating very healthy when I first flared. Vegetarian, no dairy except occasional cheese, only whole grain bread, very rarely took any kind of pain relievers... thought I was in great health then WHAM!
My son had his first Crohn's symptoms at six weeks of age, and by six months of age it was chronic... despite being fully breast fed, and otherwise healthy. I've always been suspicious of the fact that he was born via emergency cesarean - apparently this makes the baby's intestinal bacteria develop differently. Also I had an infection and underwent further surgery, with full anesthetic, and several courses of antibiotics, in those first few weeks - whilst breast feeding. Again this would have hammered his intestinal flora. And then, at six weeks, he was given his first vaccinations, including meningitis. This triggered the immune system and it was all downhill from there...
These two posts I wanted to capture, because they both address points. First of all, it's really interesting to observe IBD in tots under the age of 3. Because their entire medical history is in your face and their environmental factors are pretty apparent. Before last year, I was pretty much into the line of thought that if you eat healthily you'll avoid diseases. Personally, it seemed to me like the most healthy way as far as I could tell was free (or with a minimum) of animal proteins, at least after early youth. But yes, there are those like you, karrieg, you demonstrate otherwise. In the case of my son, he really was a little carnivore since he started eating solids up until we started changing up his diet for his UC. It was one thing that I think probably helped trigger UC early in him.

cowgirlnz, our son's poops were never solid, and after a year and a half (after a year of breastfeeding), when they got bloody and scary, he was finally diagnosed with UC. I put it down also possibly to antiobiotics he had repeatedly as an infant for bronchiolitis. Interestingly, I saw this same suspicion/observation on another similar story I found online.

It is also clear that some sort of genetic disposition played part. In fact, I have a peculiar immune system history from my youth (early asthma and allergies--all of which I "grew out of"), and there is some IBD in my wife's family.

My sister, who is an M.D., believes that the large doses of penicillin I received as an infant (for meningitis) may have something to do with altering my immune system. I also think that Ibuprofen contributed to causing a flare up which led to my diagnosis. I was taking 800 mg up to 3x a day after a car accident. I even asked the nurse practitioner if the large doses of Ibuprofen taken regularly could cause stomach problems. She said, "Not as long as you're under the care of a medical professional." Um, I beg to differ. Not long after that, I was up all night with horrible stomach pain running to the bathroom and not much better during the day.

Doglover

I'm 54 and just found out I have Crohn's 3 months ago. I blame Ibuprofen. It's really the only thing I can find that I did in excess. My GI agrees.

I have UC and my theory is a combination of four reasons:

1) Lifelong poor diet and not enough healthy fibre foods when I was younger. Looking back I have always had issues with my bowels (straining) but did not realise at the time that anything was amiss. Always been a big meat, dairy, alcohol and sweet consumer. That X 30 years is going to lead to trouble.

2) Too many antibiotics whilst a child and a young adult. All but destroyed my good gut flora.

3) The UC first flared up after I gave up smoking. Smoking did not cause UC but is seems to be the trigger that finally set me off.

4) Lots of stress in my life

I asked my naturopath about these four and she agreed.

Last edited:
When my mother was carring me, she ate some bad watermellon, she threw up all the time. Her doctor gave her shots. It has been noted that females born from mothers who recieved these shots, causes problems with their productive organs.
When I was born I had ulcers in my mouth and they went to my stomach.
It also has been noted that a lot of Crohn's people mothers were carring them in the summer or late fall. And had eaten spoiled food.
So was it the shots or bad food? I don't know.

Last edited:
I've had bowel troubles since i was 16 , but never anything too server or that i couldn't cope with . In July 2009 i went on holiday to Zante and there was a swine flu outbreak in our hotel. I managed to catch this and was quarintined for 10days and put on tamiflu. Then in January i got a bad case of food poisoning after eating a burger - vominting and D and fever for 24 hours. Then again in March had a curry and again had 24 hours of vomiting,D and fever (suspected food poisoning again) Then in April i started with my crohns symptoms : Mouth Ulcers,Fissures,Bloody D,Fevers, Weight Loss,Abdominal Pain. I had a sigmoidoscopy and had biopsys taking (Docs suspected UC) Biopsys came back and showed crohns colitis and now booked in for first colonoscopy on Wednesday. Me and my mum are convined that the swine flu , followed by food poisoning episodes have done this to me. Doctor does not agree with my therory lol.
On the upside since having swine flu , i have not had one cold , sniffel or sore throat since June 2009 , Now if only i could get my crohns under control i really would be Invincible lol :)

Im newly diagnosed, but my overall general health started to deteriorate after a nasty bout with mono. But ilium pain etc, didn't start until 10 years later....

I'm about a million miles away from being a doctor, but from what I understand about autoimmune diseases, how can anyone blame it on something they took? I can understand maybe thinking it's something bacteria-related, but how can ibuprofen have such an effect on the immune system?

I've always been the most healthful eater in my family. My brother and father are the worst, yet they have no digestive problems. My mom is very conscious about her diet, yet she has problems. I'm guessing I inherited her bad genes. (Both of us have a multitude of medical problems.)

I agree about stress playing some role. Before I had any health problems I was a massive hypochondriac. In high school I was convinced my liver was messed up and had several tests done, all coming back OK. Eventually, I stopped worrying. Then, at age 22, a random blood test showed elevated liver enzymes. Turns out I have an autoimmune disease affecting my liver (primary sclerosing cholangitis) and Crohn's. At the time, I also had severe sinusitis. My initial theory was that my PSC and Crohn's was due to a combination of worry (hypochondria) and bacteria (friends of the sinusitis). I'm sure it's BS, but I've given up trying to think of what caused it and am focusing on how to not make it worse.

Boloby- dermatitis and eczema are also autoimmune based, yet can be triggered by things on the skin. My understanding is that the body 'over reacts' to something that should be benign, and starts a vicious circle, making the body attack itself. So it doesn't cause the disorder, the disorder is lying in wait almost for something to trigger it.

Plus, the obvious, Boloby: thinking about what causes it may help eventually find causes and lead to optimum treatments and cures. But all in due time! How not to make it worse may very well be enough to focus on!

I've had issues since I was 9 or 10. I think it comes from a combination Genetics (ancestry) and my environment (northern Country, lack of Vt. D from sun), and probably over-exposure to anti-biotics and anti-bacterial stuff, and maybe a normal mild illness as a child that developed into a bigger problem.

My mother also has a belief that the fruits & veggies we grew on the farm contributed to the Crohns. My husband believes it was the pill. I think I was predisposed and the hormones from the pill brought it to the forefront. I always had a delicate stomach. I can remember having horrible stomach aches as a young child.
Michele

I read somewhere that a large percentage of crohns patients were born with or contracted measles shortly after birth, that hit me cause i am a rubella baby.
If its the nsaid pain relievers (advil) that could be it too, I took tons of them for my tos....
Stress I know is a trigger, every time i had an attack of some kind with crohns I was always under a lot of stress. Ive also wondered about something else i read that said it may be a virus that is a cousin to the tb virus that is most often in the gi tract of cows....the night before i had my major attack and woke up the next morning not being able to stand up straight i ate ground beef.

Actually my mono started at 15 and turned into ME (I was one of the unlucky ones). Thinking back I had early signs of IBD around that time although I cannot pinpoint earlier or after. I have a family history of CD and Collitis too.

well for me i thinkk it was genetics and stress. my dad almost died from bleeding ulcers. as a kid i always had problems with the crapper. but i just got diagnosed 2 yrs ago. me and my husband were living in a homeless shelter. things were pretty grim for us for a while. i noticed my worst flare ups happen when im stressed out.

I am almost positive that my UC came from taking two rounds of Accutane. I was also on many rounds of antibiotics around that time for acne. If I had any idea that medicine could have affected me like this, I never would have taken it. There is no history of IBD in my family, and it seems like the only explanation in my case. My question is why it keeps coming. I have had UC for around 20 yrs. I am usually in remission, but when I get a flare, they are horrible.

Mine was stress last year and perhaps a vaccinosis issue from my childhood MMR vaccine which left me w/ chronic ear infections and constipation until about 2nd or 3rd grade. I guess I'm lucky it stopped there and didn't go on into Autism.

I read somewhere that a large percentage of crohns patients were born with or contracted measles shortly after birth, that hit me cause i am a rubella baby.
If its the nsaid pain relievers (advil) that could be it too, I took tons of them for my tos....
Stress I know is a trigger, every time i had an attack of some kind with crohns I was always under a lot of stress. Ive also wondered about something else i read that said it may be a virus that is a cousin to the tb virus that is most often in the gi tract of cows....the night before i had my major attack and woke up the next morning not being able to stand up straight i ate ground beef.
Yes, there is such a thing called NSAID Colitis. Also, there is an NSAID on the market for dogs called Rimadyl. It frequently causes digestive issues is dogs which many times leads to their deaths. Rimadyl was originally marketed for humans back in the 90's and was pulled by the FDA b/c it was killing people. It was remarketed for dogs a couple of years later w/ no changes in the formula. I was in so much pain w/ my periods that I was taking one very similar to Rimadyl called Piroxicam and this is about the same time that my symptoms appeared. I am so angry at myself for being so stupid and taking that crap, but honestly, I was so desperate, that the drug name didn't even click in my brain. You may be interested in seeing the rimadyldeath website.

I think for me it is genetics. I had previously made a comment about my crohns developing as a result of my ADHD medication in another post---I got the CD genes.:(

I am blaming mine on Egypt!! Went there on holiday in October 2010 and I have been ill ever since......... I got tested for Helicobacter Pylori and it was positive, was treated for this but symptoms got worse......Ended up in hospital for a week and here I am now with the glorious Crohns. I am also a very stressed person so maybe thats a factor and the wonderful world of genetics!

I have taken allot of ibuprofen/naproxin/Tylonol/Aspiren over the last 5 years, I had a back injury and chose not to get on narcotics, instead taking weird combinations of NSAID's

The primary cause of Crohn's disease is mercury poisoning! From vaccine shot. In the beginning when you are vaccinated your body cleanses some part of injected mercury but some rest in it. I got mine after tuberculosis vaccine. Injected mercury is organic and is not very toxic by itself. It is converted by the body for about 4,5,6 months to INORGANIC mercury which is the toxic form. The problems start after conversion - night sweats, migraine, heart palpitations and feeling of stress (here why most of you blame the stress) The stress is secondary. Mercury has a high affinity to organs with fat content such as brain, liver and kidneys.(Autism is caused by vaccines with mercury, because this heavy metal is the number one neurotoxin)
Mercury has also a high affinity to soft tissues - intestines. Once mercury is located them the autoimmune reaction starts. The time you will be very ill depends of quantity of mercury and your adrenals. Adrenal glands produce natural anti-inflammatory hormones to cope with inflamed area. When adrenal glands are partly exhausted and the inflammation is in advanced stage the doc puts you on artificial cortisone because the pain you feel is unbearable. Yes the stress and healthy lifestyle have a huge role in this disease. The stress can accelerate the progress of disease but not cause it. If you have stressful job for years without mercury poisoning you will end up with adrenal burnout not with CD. The food is also important. I know people eating the worst things I can imagine, smoke, drunk, stressful days but they are relatively healthy. Good eating habits can delay the disease but can not cure it. Mercury is still there and make autoimmune response. You have to clean mercury burden with chelation.

Young people (22y and below) are the main group of sufferers because they receive most of the vaccines.

Mercury fillings (amalgams) also cause crohn's disease and other health problems. The reason is the same - mercury makes autoimmune reaction where it is stored.

I also heard of people curing their Crohns with Rife machines, zapper and silver water. Here Mycobacterium paratuberculosis is the cause. This is rare.

Last edited:
Forgot to tell. There is no genetic link with crohns. There a lot of info on the i-net. Please search and do not allow to be fooled by medical MAFIA. There is cure!!! It's impossible to be healthy in one moment and the body attacks itself in another. This can be fabricate only by medical freaks. Thank you for attention. Wish you good health to everyone!

kiny

The primary cause of Crohn's disease is mercury poisoning! From vaccine shot. In the beginning when you are vaccinated your body cleanses some part of injected mercury but some rest in it. I got mine after tuberculosis vaccine. Injected mercury is organic and is not very toxic by itself. It is converted by the body for about 4,5,6 months to INORGANIC mercury which is the toxic form. The problems start after conversion - night sweats, migraine, heart palpitations and feeling of stress (here why most of you blame the stress) The stress is secondary. Mercury has a high affinity to organs with fat content such as brain, liver and kidneys.(Autism is caused by vaccines with mercury, because this heavy metal is the number one neurotoxin)
Mercury has also a high affinity to soft tissues - intestines. Once mercury is located them the autoimmune reaction starts. The time you will be very ill depends of quantity of mercury and your adrenals. Adrenal glands produce natural anti-inflammatory hormones to cope with inflamed area. When adrenal glands are partly exhausted and the inflammation is in advanced stage the doc puts you on artificial cortisone because the pain you feel is unbearable. Yes the stress and healthy lifestyle have a huge role in this disease. The stress can accelerate the progress of disease but not cause it. If you have stressful job for years without mercury poisoning you will end up with adrenal burnout not with CD. The food is also important. I know people eating the worst things I can imagine, smoke, drunk, stressful days but they are relatively healthy. Good eating habits can delay the disease but can not cure it. Mercury is still there and make autoimmune response. You have to clean mercury burden with chelation.

Young people (22y and below) are the main group of sufferers because they receive most of the vaccines.

Mercury fillings (amalgams) also cause crohn's disease and other health problems. The reason is the same - mercury makes autoimmune reaction

I also heard of people curing their Crohns with Rife machines, zapper and silver water. Here Mycobacterium paratuberculosis is the cause. This is rare.
*sigh*

I haven't read through every single post in this thread, so I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned or not, but has anyone heard of something called the hygiene hypothesis? Basically, our bodies are equipped with the natural ability to fight off disease and infection so that the human race can continue. But, if we aren't exposed to what our bodies think is a "normal" amount of sickness, our bodies in a way compensate by attacking our own "good" microbes and the areas of our bodies where they live. That's one theory as to how autoimmunity starts and is why many researchers believe there is such a small number of autoimmune disease cases in third world countries, because they're not as protected from the environment as we are. SO WE HAVE TO SUFFER BECAUSE WE TOOK TOO GOOD CARE OF OURSELVES!

I haven't read through every single post in this thread, so I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned or not, but has anyone heard of something called the hygiene hypothesis? Basically, our bodies are equipped with the natural ability to fight off disease and infection so that the human race can continue. But, if we aren't exposed to what our bodies think is a "normal" amount of sickness, our bodies in a way compensate by attacking our own "good" microbes and the areas of our bodies where they live. That's one theory as to how autoimmunity starts and is why many researchers believe there is such a small number of autoimmune disease cases in third world countries, because they're not as protected from the environment as we are. SO WE HAVE TO SUFFER BECAUSE WE TOOK TOO GOOD CARE OF OURSELVES!
But aren't auto-immune disorders hard to clairfy in thirs world countries where there is basic healthcare, if anything? Why put symptoms down to IBD when the water is dirty, poor nutrition, lack of food or basic hygiene? So for all we know there are many cases of auto immune diseases!

Hi, TacoBot3000

There is such a small number of autoimmune disease cases in third world countries because they do not use so many vaccines.

Tate
I think there is a lot to this. I never had any of the 'normal' childhood illnesses - measles/ chicken pox etc. Also as an adult with children of my own, i fell for the hype about antibacterial sprays cleaners and such. Dam I gave it to myself lol!!!

Some people need to accept that being human is not the be all and end all. We do not know even with modern science why things happen. We need to accept some things do happen and they have no quantifiable cause. We do not begin life as perfect, flawless beings, things can go wrong for no reason. Why do some species die out or evolve if this was not the case? Wouldn't the world be exactly as it started out?

Not everything happens because of xyz.

Everyone of you should remember about last vaccine taken before start of his problems.

Everyone with amalgams is in potential danger to have Crohn's or other autoimmune disease.

kiny

Yes, this is relatedl: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4091881.stm

However, this still goes hand in hand with the idea that Crohn's is genetic, which more and more evidence seems to show it is.

My dad had crohn's too.

This is the first step - of course to stop vaccinating or at least reduce it as much as possible.

StarGirl, look for "mercury,vaccines,crohn's" and you will find your cure for crohn's. I promise you.

Many mothers talk in forums about their children how a year after a vaccination the kids start to complain of many of initial symptoms of crohn's. There is a lot more. just search and you will find the tons about that topic...

StarGirl,

You are right. Not everything on the web is truth.

I came in this forum to share my experiences. I was a young sufferer. That is all. Don't believe me. But make your own research and give a chance to something different than immunosupresive drugs.
Nobody deserves to suffer from this awful disease.

We are supposed to help each other here, not bring each other down.:hang:

My Crohn's is genetic. Not everyone's is (i.e. people who got it as a result of accutane use)---For the most part Crohn's IS in fact a genetic disorder:yfaint:

Absolutely incorrect! Autoimmune diseases are not genetic at all. The main cause is toxicity.

I know many people cure Multiple sclerosis and many other autoimmune diseases.

You give up easily saying it is genetic...

The nature rehearses the same processes in the body thousand years and from the last 20, 30 years is the prevalence of autism, UC, CD, MS, RA...

The statistic will become more scared if you believe to maiMstream doctors...
Read my post on previous page!

Mine is also genetic. I have two brothers who suffer and a grandmother who had it. The genetic link is well demonstrated in many studies, though not universal. Those who ignore the vast amount of reasearch and evidence based studies do so in a purely ad hoc fashion.
Advising people not to get immunised is reckless and flies in the face of all studies - sorry to be blunt. I have seen people die from some preventable diseases and it is horrific. Whilst there are a few cases of a reaction to immunisation, the cause has not been demonstrably linked. The 99.99% of people spared the horrible, and often deadly effects of many diseases is self-evidence of the worthiness of these prophilactic treatments.

I'll play,

I have no idea why my Crohn's/IBS-D symptoms started, but I have my guesses.

1. I picked up a bug in the Bahamas 2 months prior to this nightmare.
2. A Dr screwed up when he lanced a communication/fistula perianal 1 week prior to the symptoms starting out of the blue.
3. Finally developed an allergic reaction to the new chemical in FIRE SAFE CIGARETTES because of a national mandate to protect smokers from themselves. Not saying smoking is safe but jeez lets just add carpet glue to smokes to keep them from burning down the house!!!

I say these are probably the main culprits in my case because I have no family history of IBS or any amount of stress.

There a little info. There is a lot more. I still don't know why you are so much blind...

http://orthomolecular.org/library/jom/1993/pdf/1993-v08n03-p145.pdf

http://www.flcv.com/tmlbn.html

Although vaccinations appear to be the largest source of mercury in infants, mercury has been found to be transmitted from the mother to the fetus through the placenta and accumulate in the fetus to higher levels than in the mother’s blood (30,169b). Breast milk of women who have amalgam fillings is the second largest source of mercury in infants and young children...

http://www.flcv.com/kidshg.html

The incidence of neurotoxic, allergic, and immune reactive conditions such as autism, schizophrenia, ADD, dyslexia, allergies, asthma, eczema, psoriasis, childhood diabetes, etc. have been increasing rapidly in recent years(1,2,3,5,23,50,52,59,75,82,86,92). A report by the National Research Council in 2000 found that 50% of all pregnancies in the U.S. were resulting in prenatal or postnatal mortality, significant birth defects, developmental disabilities or otherwise chronically unhealthy babies(3a) and recent studies published in JAMA found similar trends continuing with huge increases in children’s chronic conditions (3de). Incidence of chronic developmental conditions in infants more than doubled between 1988 and 2006, especially asthma, learning and behavioral problems, and obesity(3e). There has been a similar sharp increase in developmental disabilities in Canadian children over the last 2 decades(71), including learning disabilities and behavioral problems, asthma and allergies, and childhood cancer. Studies have documented that the primary cause of the increased developmental conditions are increased toxic exposures, including increased use of vaccines with toxic and inflammatory ingredients(50, etc.).

Most of the increase in children’s neurological or developmental conditions have been found to be related to major increases in brain and immune system inflammation related to increased exposure to toxic chemicals or dietary excitoxins of the 4 million U.S. children born each year (598,3,1,2,22,33). At least 1 in 6 had one of the neurological conditions previously listed(1-3). One of the main causes of increased exposures to toxic metals such as mercury and aluminum and other toxics is the greatly increased vaccination schedule for infants in recent years compared to 1983 and prior (4e). U.S. EPA has estimated that over 3 million of these are related to lead or mercury toxicity, with at least 25% of U.S. children getting mercury exposure at dangerous levels (1,81,499-502).

5. Another aspect of gastrointestinal dysfunction that is found in the majority of autism cases are intestinal inflammation, enterocolalitis, lymphondular hyperplsia, abnormal intestinal permeability, or malabsorption(17,53,580). The intestinal damage also causes improper functioning of the buffering mechanism that maintains blood PH and of enzyme functions. Such damage to the intestines and gastrointestinal processes are known from animal studies to be caused by mercury and other toxic metals(54). Inorganic mercury is the predominant excretionary form in the intestines, whatever the source form. All forms are absorbed by the intestines and inorganic mercury accumulates in intestinal tissues, especially in young animals or infants(55), which are known to have poor biliary excretion of mercury. As noted previously children in the U.S. are exposed to high levels of mercury thimerosal, a highly toxic organic form of mercury. Organic mercury in primate studies is found to cause paneth cells in the intestines to be enlarged and packed with secretionary granules(57). This is also common in autistic children(17c).

7. Autoimmunity

Metals by binding to SH radicals in proteins and other such groups can cause autoimmunity by modifying proteins which via T-cells activate B-cells that target the altered proteins inducing autoimmunity as well as causing aberrant MHC II expression on altered target cells(72). Studies have found that various protein related disorders such as misfolded proteins are found in some autism cases(596b). The mechanisms by which mercury and other toxics or allergens cause protein abnormalities have been discussed throughout this paper.

Studies have also found mercury, aluminum, and lead cause autoantibodies to neuronal proteins, neurofilaments, and myelin basic protein (73,74,104,571). While zinc binding with MBP stabilizes the association with brain myelin, mercury and cadmium have been found to intefere with zinc binding to MBP and thus cause disfunction and autoimmunities(74). Dr. Stejskal(11) recently began testing children with autism. Her preliminary results on 18 autistic children and 11 controls, found that 5 of 18 autistic children had a positive proliferative ("allergic") response on MELISA to Thimerosal, vs. 1/11 controls. Similar results were recently found for methyl mercury (6/10 autistics vs 0/11 controls) and inorganic mercury (6/18 autistics, vs 0/11 controls). Most importantly, 13/16 autistics tested positive for reactivity to the mercury-MBP vs. only 3/10 controls. The mercury-MBP reactivity is presumed to be caused by the mercury reconfiguring the three-dimensional MBP, to which the body generates the allergic (autoimmune) response. In another study a significant percentage of children with autism developed anti-SK, anti-gliadin and anti-casein peptides and anti-ethyl mercury antibodies, concomitant with the appearance of anti-CD26 and anti-CD69 autoantibodies(89). These antibodies are synthesized as a result of SK, gliadin, casein and ethyl mercury binding to CD26 and CD69, indicating that they are specific. The study found that bacterial antigens (SK), dietary peptides (gliadin, casein) and Thimerosal (ethyl mercury) in individuals with pre-disposing HLA molecules, bind to CD26 or CD69 and induce antibodies against these molecules. Immune mechanisms are thus seen to be a major factor in neurotoxicity of metals seen in conditions such as autism and ADD(112,63,72-74).

Read the entire paper please!

Last edited:
Mine is also genetic. I have two brothers who suffer and a grandmother who had it. The genetic link is well demonstrated in many studies, though not universal. Those who ignore the vast amount of reasearch and evidence based studies do so in a purely ad hoc fashion.
Advising people not to get immunised is reckless and flies in the face of all studies - sorry to be blunt. I have seen people die from some preventable diseases and it is horrific. Whilst there are a few cases of a reaction to immunisation, the cause has not been demonstrably linked. The 99.99% of people spared the horrible, and often deadly effects of many diseases is self-evidence of the worthiness of these prophilactic treatments.

The vast amount of research are made by who? By people who make your medication and vaccinate you and your children... I'm telling you people - do not believe in maiMstream medicine. Try different way. I'm here to tell you that you have a chance to live without this disease, without steroids...

Whilst there are a few cases of a reaction to immunisation, the cause has not been demonstrably linked.
Wrong...

http://www.flcv.com/

http://zap.intergate.ca/crohn.html

http://www.newtreatments.org/doc.php/WisdomExperience/208

http://drlwilson.com/Articles/VACCINE HORROR.htm

http://drlwilson.com/Articles/VACCINES-GRADY.HTM

http://drlwilson.com/Articles/VACCINES.08.htm

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...ns-die-minutes-after-measles-vaccination.aspx

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/11/03/hepatitis-b-vaccines-at-birth.aspx

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1718860#i

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1517726#i

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1514994#i

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1503751#i

http://www.ageofautism.com/2009/09/...riples-the-risk-of-autism-in-infant-boys.html

http://www.vaccines.net/newpage16.htm

http://web.mac.com/len15/healthyworld_media/In_Lies_We_Trust_Trailer.html

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1478953#i

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1211840#i

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=327_1195303011

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1762652#i

This is only a small part of entire evidence that vaccines caused broad range of illnesses including Cronh's disease.

Last edited:
Not a single mention of Crohns in the whole document - only tenuous grasping at links between autism and mercury levels. The current scientific consensus is that no convincing scientific evidence supports these claims. The so-called evidence has been found erroneous (ridiculed in fact) by mainstream science, and in march 2010 it was ruled, by the U.S Federal court, that thiomersal-containing vaccines do not cause autism. The notion has also diverted attention and resources away from efforts to determine the real causes of autism. Again, not even amention of Crohns.
There are people who write long essays about how no-one ever landed on the moon - doesn't mean it's true! You have to keep up with both sides of the debate!!
Good luck to you. No offence intended - trying to keep things balanced here.

Mercury induce autoimmune reaction and this is well known.

I don't believe that Pharma industry will allow the truth to be widespread. How they can find the cure without understanding the real cause. It's a big lie that they work on cure for Crohn, Ulcerative, Sclerosis, R. arthritis, autism etc etc etc...

They earn billions from selling their drugs. I don't doubt that they put mercury in vaccines.
Please don't talk about "scientific consensus". We all know who possess the entire industry and money. I'm too suspicious when money talks as is the case with the "golden chicken" called autoimmune disease...

I just don't believe to the news and mainstream lies.

Good luck to all of you. Take care...

David

Co-Founder
Lot's of understandable passion on both sides. I'm going to lock this thread for awhile so we can all cool down. Once I reopen it, if anyone has anything further to say, I ask that it is done in a respectful manner. Thanks :)

How strange, my symptoms have definitely also been brought about through stress. I am currently worrying that I am experiencing a flare up as I have been eating and drinking all the wrong things for the past week, as once again I am stressed at work and my husband and I are fighting.

I have a big presentation to do tomorrow, but instead of working on that or getting an early night I'm reading these forums. And i've just taken ibroprofen as my body is aching from head to toe having been sick all last night and sleeping on the bathroom floor.

What am I doing!!?!??

Now I will go and work on my presentation, get some sleep, not get too stressed and not take any more ibroprofen!

I've certainly learnt something from this forum!!

Thanks!