• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

After Entyvio having abdominal pains and cramps

I have been on Entyvio for 4 years now and have never had a reaction to it nor do I take anything before the infusion. Yesterday I had my infusion at noon and by 4 pm I was having cramping and pain and felt like I would like to throw up but didn't. I know I have a narrowing area where they took out the valve between the large and small and some intestine on each side back in 2007 which is were the narrowing is at. Has anyone else had a reaction like this or is this just a coincidence with the timing to have a problem with the narrowing? Today at 1 pm I am still uncomfortable but not near to what I was feeling last night.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
It could just be coincidence, I'd keep an eye on things and if they get worse give the doc a call...hopefully you are feeling better today!! I'd also keep track of what happens after your next infusion.

Lisa I do believe it was just a coincidence now. I finally started feeling better by Sunday morning so I believe it was a partial blockage. I did call my doctor on Friday afternoon to let her know what was going on. Now on Monday morning I am just a little sore in the stomach muscles from the cramping. Thank goodness it is over. I have never had one go on for so long. Usually it only lasts maybe half a day.

Glad to hear you are feeling better. I was curious because your post sounded a little similar to what I'm going through but I just started Entyvio. Did you have any adjustment issues when you started with this? I just had my first infusion and going back next week for number two. I had been on Stelara which didn't work for me at all and currently taking Budesonide until the Entyvio has time to work. Seemed to be doing better on Budesonide for a few weeks while waiting for insurance approval on Entyvio. Now, right after Entyvio, I started to have major bowel habit changes. With how my disease works and my stricture I usually don't have some of the flare signals a lot of people report (although I have active inflammation). Now I am experiencing some of that - going to the bathroom 3-4 times a day, some mucus, etc, lots of gas and stool is flying through so fast that it is formed (usually) but a lot lighter color than usual. I don't know if this is a bad sign, a possible sign that the inflammation may be reduced thus stricture is blocking a bit less, or just my body getting used to the Entyvio, or coincidence like you said? Anyone have any insights?