• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Anyone tried Thrive probiotics?

Hello friends, has anyone tried JustThrive probiotics? They are pricey, but they have a great reputation. I was wondering if anyone had tried them and had found them helpful to maintain remission of Crohn's or UC. I'm considering taking them myself as well as giving them to my kids.

No I haven't tried them yet. Things have been hectic and I tend to contemplate things I want to try for a while. And then I have to decide which part of the budget something of that size is coming from. 😆 And also, I had my baby! So I'm recovering. :) But if I do try them, I will let you know.

No I haven't tried them yet. Things have been hectic and I tend to contemplate things I want to try for a while. And then I have to decide which part of the budget something of that size is coming from. 😆 And also, I had my baby! So I'm recovering. :) But if I do try them, I will let you know.
Congratulations! I hope all is well with you and the baby 🐥🍼 You are busy!

my little penguin

Staff member
The only probiotics I know that were studied multiple times to be effective for UC as a treatment are visobiome double strength
Comes in a packet (900 billon ) and requires a prescription
It was not studied for crohns
Visobiome used to be vsl#3 when it was studied
The company was bought out
Changed the formula -got in trouble with fda
Original owner started visobiome using original formula that was fda approved abd studied under vsl#3

Ds has been on them to help rectal issues for his crohns for many years
It helps him since he sees a difference when stopping
It is an adjunct therapy in addition to meds he takes
It’s pricey
Not covered by insurance for most
It changes year to year
But lots of different rx apps have coupons which lower the price to between $10 to $70 a month
Much better than retail of $300 plus a month

The non ibd family just takes cultrelle sometimes